Thread: rubies halloween blasters

Default rubies halloween blasters

I'm looking to make a DL-44 similar to han's but not exactly. think of it like...the DL-44 you would buy at the store, pre-Han modifications.
    what do the rubies models sound like? are they worth buying to gut for the upgrades, or should I shell out the $25 for the hasbro version? Are there better options for blaster sound (other than Erv)?
    Last edited by tullfan81; 10-17-2009 at 05:41 AM. Reason: cleaned it up and cleared it up

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey (1927-1989)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Are you asking about the Han Solo blaster?

The one with the scope molded to the frame that they use recolored Master Replicas' pics for in their ads?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

yeah J-Lo, i should have said that...not sure why i didn't say that.

I actually broke down and spent the $25 for the metal airsoft mauser that you have. now I'm trying to find pieces to make something similar to the han blaster. Does anyone know where (other than Blast-Tech) there are pieces for this..?

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." - Edward Abbey (1927-1989)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ebay...somtimes.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, ebay is hit or miss, and you're not likely to find a whole kit, just a part here and a part there. So it could take you a long time to collect all the parts.

What parts you need also depends on which movie version you want to emulate, of course. I like the ESB version and fortunately, that's the less expensive of the Blast Tech kits. It's also the most "generic" looking, since Luke uses one in that movie, too.

If you don't want to buy from Blast Tech, you might have to get creative and make your own parts. Look for tutorials online. I've seen people make flash hiders out of funnels, the "piston halves" out of ribbed hose.

Sound is not easy to do for the airsoft Mauser because there's not much room in them. You'll need a pretty small speaker, that, and the sound board will need to go in the area where the magazine is and the battery will need to go in the grip.

Erv and Do-clo have both done it that way.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

As far as the rubies blasters go they are not quite as accurate as a hasbro but they will get the job done the han solo and the clone trooper blaster are the only ones i use (bought one of the jango fett ones the noise was very disappointing) but they sound good. Also the rubies ones you can get for half the price. But in the end it comes down to what you want. And if you want to hook an led to it just run the positive off the battery pack and the negative to the speaker out. As far as battery and speaker placement i put the batteries in the clip and the speaker in the grip worked better with the model airsoft gun i got on ebay. I also bought an old daisy bb gun scope off ebay and the mount worked very well, you can see it in the pictures in this post.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=9237
    Last edited by Goltar Bias; 10-21-2009 at 09:01 PM.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci