Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aurora - The Ultimate 10w custom purple CF 4.3 saber!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Default Aurora - The Ultimate 10w custom purple CF 4.3 saber!

Greetings Saber Fans!

There has been a lot of discussion and experimentation lately with the LEDengin LEDs, and the RGBA and RGGB LEDs especially. Well, we had a flashy uber sleek and shiny saber design waiting for the perfect setup and it clicked. We put together the Plecter Labs Crystal Focus Sabercore V4.3 with the 10 RGBA LEDengin mixed for O.S.P.P. This is as far as we know the first custom with the 10W RGBA installed. We designed this saber to be REALLY sleek and ergonomic with no major protrusions other than the covertec. To do this we countersunk the lighted Anti-vandal switch into the hilt so as to not require a mounting bezel or box. We also threaded the recharge port and aux switch directly into the hilt as well. We utilized the accent LED pads to their full extent again with 4 uber bright 3mm LEDs mounted low profile style from the inside, so no bezels there either. We did wire the A dice on the LED to the clash pad, but unfortunately, it doesn't add too much to the clash without the power extender, but its still cool. We of course also included an exposed raw quartz crystal chamber that is open on the bottom and vented on the top through the hilt and the overlay. The machined brass overlays are designed to be congruent with the overall design and flow together quite well with the side slots and gill slits fore and aft.

This saber came out BEAUTIFULLY if we do say so ourselves and the purple is WAY cool and super bright! The video setting on our camera however is red biased so the video comes out more on the magenta side, but rest assured, it IS purple

Quick Specs:

Custom lathed and milled hilt
    Custom Brass overlays
    exposed crystal chamber with real raw quartz crystal
    Flush mounted and countersunk lighted Anti-vandal swith, recharge port and aux switch
    LEDengin 10 watt RGBA custom mixed for Opression Stopping Purpliscious PurpleŠ
    Plecter Labs Crystal Focus Sabercore V4.3
    7.2V Li-Ion battery pack
    Fonts: Novastar, Episode II, Bespin (Madcow), Vader (Madcow), Maul (Madcow), and Phoenix Sword
    4 accent LEDs in uv/purple and green

The Pics:

The DARK pics ;D (try and get THIS with filters ):

The Video (the camera is red biased on video mode, so it kinda looks pinkish :P):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBYinPTCghs

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Cool.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

WOW.....Awesome saber. My favorite by far. Great job

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Banned Sith Lord

that is the most ultimate saber i have ever seen. i would pay big bucks for that if i had the money. hell i would trade my car for that... you beat me to the RGBA 10 watt. my original plan for my senior project saber was a dual CF 10 RBGA color changing double bladed saber machined by me.

who better than to beat me to it than the master second to none. wow.

that is the most beautifull saber i have seen yet and the purrple must be cooler then the aurora borealis in person. probably why you called it that. gorgeous my friend gorgeous.

Thumbs up

DDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!! !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0

Man, that thing is awesome.
    STRONG WORK!!
    -C
    Last edited by cannibal869; 10-11-2009 at 10:32 AM.
    LOCKHEED

That is crazy. Absolutley stunning looking hilt, sounds amazing and omg the colour and brightness.
    I'm new to this 'saber scene' and that is certainly the best I have seen so far, congratulations on how it turned out.

*watches video*...
    *starts foaming at mouth*...
    NICE SABER. love how shiny it is, and how the crystal chamber is exposed differently at both sides. and the switch goes really well with this design too!
    love it

Looks good, its just a pain to have to scroll to read it.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*THUNCK*
    (CC picks himself up off the floor...)

Wow, That's just, Its so, I mean...

Wow.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    DDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that thing is awesome.
    STRONG WORK!!
    -C
    Lol, I agree. I was hoping no one posted this pic, but sure enough.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.