Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Invisas's "J'anna Cal Marr" (MR Sound w/ Prolight RGB)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Glad to see you back on track with this one. The black is a nice touch. I wasn't crazy about the overlay or how it looked as brass on aluminum in this case, but your MHS choice is really nice and the black will probably make the overlay look better. Looking forward to seeing this for sure.
    Yeah once I had the overlay done, I realised the two wouldn't look as good as I thought. I has some black anodizing done on my other saber at it looks excellent, so I decided to get it done for this one also.

Funny thing is I'd done this before Tim started offering MHS sleeve, which would have looked much better with a gold anodizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    That is the housing they come in originally. The one in the FX saber.

*edit*

oops, nevermind, was thinking of a different thread... after looking, i'm not so sure anymore.
    Don't doubt yourself Shad, you're spot on. I've just cut it down so it sits snug in the MHS. The fact that it screws in appeals as I know the board won't move and touch the hilt at all.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    Don't doubt yourself Shad, you're spot on. I've just cut it down so it sits snug in the MHS. The fact that it screws in appeals as I know the board won't move and touch the hilt at all.
    Would you mind elaborating on how you did that?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Would you mind elaborating on how you did that?
    Sure. I unscrewed the board from the sled. and cut it down bit by bit with a stanley knife (cutting open my thumb in the process, so be careful when doing this), until it sat nicely in the MHS.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Ok so this is the final build pic for this saber.

The full accompliment of parts pre build.

To be honest, when I saw the first post, I thought, "Meh." But I just looked at the photos you put up in the gallery. Whoa! That became this!? Lesson learned: Never underestimate the potential of ordinary materials in extraordinary hands.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Ha ha ha.

I know what you mean, but that's what happens when you make a visualisation a realisation, which I'd never have done on my own.

Still I didn't think it'd be quite so nice though. Cudos to Daren

Pleased as punch.