Thread: Hyper Blade?

Default Hyper Blade?

I was looking at HB's website and was wondering a few things. It's obvious they use an string LED setup similar to the FX sabers, but what is it that makes their's more durable (ie...what is hyperflex), what makes their sabers brighter than luxeon? How do they do the slow pulse effect on their sting LED blades? Anyone done it?

Also...I screwed up my DV FX saber taking it apart...oh well. I wanted a more custom one anyway. What does most people use for sound and why? Is it better than the FX...what do you think about Hyperblades sound module?

Sorry for all the questions...but there are quite a few sites out their that claim to have the best/brightest saber...yada yada...and most of them are way expensive.

Thanks
    Melek

There is no light or dark...there is only the Force....knowing this...who dares to challenge me?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I have no issues with his sound board, it's a pretty penny though. You can't use it on a stock MR though, at least for now. Most of use are using Hasbro's (cheap) and MR boards (better quality). Hasbro's vary, I have an old Qui-gon that the hum sounds just like an MR and the clash is a little odd, and then there are ones that are awful. MR's are more expensive $45 from Ultra and around that price on ebay if you buy a broken saber.

His blades... they aren't anymore durable than an MR with thicker PolyC. They are brighter because he's packed a lot more LED's in there and if they're brighter LEDs it adds up. The pulsing isn't too hard either, it's like putting a dimmer on it. It's like Corbin's clash and lock feature.

Also for future reference, he has a forum perhaps your questions could answered there.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Cool...thanks for the reply. Anyone know how to make a luxeon blade pulse using Corbins driver then? That's the only thing I like about the Hypers.

Thanks
    Melek

There is no light or dark...there is only the Force....knowing this...who dares to challenge me?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=577
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=552

These two links will be a great asset to you on this forum. There are some great diagrams on here for using a Corbin's setup.

<center></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You could wire the clash and lock on constantly by bridging the two points... I'm not sure how that would affect the batteries, but if you are that fond of the pulsing you will get it.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>