Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thus begins the journey of "Tempero Furoris"

If you do everything you say your going to do with this you are going to have no room for a RGB. Lots of wiring to hook one up and you have to be rather good at soldering. Go with a Bin 6 amber Lux III. It is very orange and brighter then what you will get with the RGB. You could also go with a Bin 1 Red/orange. That would get you more to a dark pumpkin tone. So there is a hint of red. I use the Bin 6 Amber and it is perfect for a real crayon orange.
    Good luck with this! Will be watching for updates!
    God bless!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4931&dateline=1255697  195

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey everyone,

This thread has been delayed a whil because of various financial setbacks... Mainly over $1000 in car repairs (another story inandof itself)

BUT I am close to ordering my electronics. I have decided on a LEDengine 10W Amber. That's the brightest Amber I know of. I'm going to use a 10.8V li-on power system. I've done the measuring and I'll have enough room.

So, the only thing I'm hesitant yet to buy is the hilt parts because of the powdercoating costs...
    I could buy my own PC system, colors, and toasteroven for the cost it would take to get all my pieces powdercoated.

Would it be better for me to buy my own stuff (and have it later for use)? And, is it realistic for me o be able to PC my own stuff never having done it before?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Banned Sith Lord

hmmmm. well i do know powder coating is not easy. even with the proper materieals. but you will get it. i mean just takes practice i would assume.

Blog Entries

Alright, I've got the hilt stuff all figured out!

I'm pretty excited now because I'm all ready to order some stuff.
    There is just one thing-

I'm only going to make one of these...

My recent reasoning behind this statement is-
    1) The only reason I would make a double blade would be to battle the heck out of it. This saber will be mainly for display and light choreography, so making two doesn't really make Logical sense...

2) If I did make it Double, the length of the hilt would be around 2 feet. A little to long for an accurate double blade IMO.

3) I can't afford both

So, I'm going to still implement the crystal chamber in the choke, and probably add a crystal pommel...

Hopefully my next update will be pictures of my parts!!!

Blog Entries

Well guys, I am super excited! after Christmas I recieved some money with the expressed intention to spend it on lightsabers... OK!
    I haven't done any real work yet, I am mainly trying to get the template just right for the "s" curve grips.

So here are the parts for the hilt...

and the quick screwing together of the parts.... I love the way it looks! I am glad to have gone with the 6" fluted section and not the 5"

Next is the crystal I am going to use for the chamber in the choke. This crystal is special to me because I found it while I was on a Mission Trip in Africa. I believe it is smoked quartz, but definetely raw.

I also tested to see how well the crystal would look in the choke. Tim did a superb job on the custom work. Thanks!
    I think it looks great. The crystal diffuses the light quite well. and it fits like it was made for it... (I think it was personally)

So there is my first solid update! I am still getting electronics parts, and will continue to work on it as I have the time....

YAY! Some progress on this! It looks amazing!
    And I know what you mean about African Crystals

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Look'n good Card.
    Yub Yub Commander.