Thread: Thus begins the journey of "Tempero Furoris"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Thus begins the journey of "Tempero Furoris"

Hey guys,

I have spent the last 6 months designing, redesigning, and trying to come up with a double MHS design that was unique and yet fully functional in battle.

I have finally come up with a design I'm satisfied with. here it is.

Credit goes to Sairon for the render.

Now, this is going to be my next project and it will probably take a year or so to complete as this will be my personal saber. I will also need to get funds.

So I made this thread for your input and any questions I may have, I'm going to post here (I'm sure I'll have a few.) so as not to clog the forums with questions.

I will also post progress and build pictures as I make headway.

SO without any further long winded delay here is some of the things I am planning to incorperate into this saber

1.) three chrystal chambers
    2.) A real orange blade
    3.) Recessed recharge port
    4.) Brass overlays
    5.) 2 MR jedi sound boards
    6.) 2 Corbin Driver boards
    7.) Reverse sound LDM style
    8.) custom PC stencil of my avatar

So, yeah that's alot of stuff. and I wanted to know what you guys thought.

I DO have some questions already though and I'll list them right off the bat.

1) I plan on using RGB to get a good bright orange. Is this the best option?
    2) I am still trying to decinde on a switch. any suggestions? I want something low profile so it won't get in the way while dueling
    3) Will the covertec clip fit on the pommel style I have?
    4) You can use MR and corbin board together to acheive shimmer, fadein/out etc. right?
    5) What does "clear coat" do in PC and since I'm going to use copperjacketmetallic (CJM) do I need it?

So, there you have it, I hope to learn a lot and be able to teach others a few things by the time this is finished.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well guys, I am super excited! after Christmas I recieved some money with the expressed intention to spend it on lightsabers... OK!
    I haven't done any real work yet, I am mainly trying to get the template just right for the "s" curve grips.

So here are the parts for the hilt...

and the quick screwing together of the parts.... I love the way it looks! I am glad to have gone with the 6" fluted section and not the 5"

Next is the crystal I am going to use for the chamber in the choke. This crystal is special to me because I found it while I was on a Mission Trip in Africa. I believe it is smoked quartz, but definetely raw.

I also tested to see how well the crystal would look in the choke. Tim did a superb job on the custom work. Thanks!
    I think it looks great. The crystal diffuses the light quite well. and it fits like it was made for it... (I think it was personally)

So there is my first solid update! I am still getting electronics parts, and will continue to work on it as I have the time....
    Last edited by cardcollector; 01-16-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...