Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Want to build a Saber, advice/help please!

I actually did look up the Makototsai blades, and right now, I'm wondering where I can get my paws on one! Heh.

Honestly, I'm going to work my way up. I'm going to go with the noobie turtorial and build a very simple saber, and slowly work my way up, collecting tools and experience and such. But I love the brightness of both the Makototsai and Hyperblades, and having electronics outside the hilt frees up from for more battery space :P. I want mine to last long, so when I put the effort into making the better sabers later on, I'm gonna stuff them with as many batteries as I can. Assuming that I can just add more batteries, since you know, I'm a noob, so I don't know if I can actually do that, lol.

Anyway, yeah, Makototsai = awesome. Where can I find em?

yeah, go for Makototsai's blades instead, just as bright as hyperdyne's, has scrolling effects, and WAAAAY more duelable.(without getting damaged, of course)(cheaper too)
    if you want a super powerful single LED you might wanna get a UltraSound, and overdrive some LED with it(i'm not too familiar with those LEDs)

Anybody know where I'd be able to get a Makoto Tsai blade?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Perhaps from the man himself?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Well look at it this way. At least, he can get all of the electronics he wants in there.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Compensating?

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I heard there was some 10W & 15W LED's now and those looked bright to me. I've never seen it in person. I only have a MR Mace (stock) and a Lux V Luke: ANH by Master Yoda on FX-sabers. I built a simple Lux III (Green) from here and that lit up quite good too. From what I know, it all depends on what electronics you put in and install it the correct way. Personally, I'd prefer to have all the goodies inside the hilt for my Mace LED's are starting to wink out. I must convert that soon as well.

I've revised my battle plan so to speak. For now, I'm just gonna build a regular ol saber or two, work up the experience, then move on to a saber with a 10 Watt LED, in preparation for next years costumes. And for the saber I originally posted in here, I'm going to wait a while and just custom build it out of a vacuum tube or something somewhere down the road :P

I can testify to the brightness and durability of the Makatotsai blades and the nice sounds from his sound card. I got a red blade and sound card for a hilt that is a mod of the Starkillers I built recently.

Ordering from Makototsai was very easy and the price was good for what you get. I had it three weeks after ordering. No problems. Only caveat is the voltage requirements - 4.5V MAX. I have to be creative with parallel wiring my battery solution (Li-Ion) to not over-volt the electronics.

I couldn't tell you how Mako's system compares to a Hyperdyne. I've never owned a Hyperblade. I do know the Makototsai is very bright. I say it is on par with the base of a Lux III Red/Orange...the entire length of the blade. Not "daylight bright", but it illuminates a dark room very efficiently.

I own a pair of Lux III red/oranges, and while they're bright, I want BRIGHTER!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

>.>

<.<

So I saw someone mention the idea of a nuclear powered saber on a different thread somewhere. Anyone know how that's workin out as a power source?