Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what do you do for a living?

I feel for ya Cyber i am outta work to and broke also need a job so i can get my outift made and cash to go to dragoncon

<center><font size="1"><font color="maroon">Please read the FAQ and the Thread Index before you post.</font id="maroon"></font id="size1">

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

Wow. Let's see, shall we? *flashback music plays, image gets all blurry..."

1. Busboy at a Catering Hall (only held receptions after 11pm. Who the h#ll gets married at 1030 at night??)

2. Assistant Councellor at a summer camp for the Entitled and Overprivileged (not that I'm biased against the Wealthy, or anything)

3. Lotto Machine Operator at a local Liquor Store (was only 17, so I could only stock the potent potables)

4. Bos'n Mate 3rd Class, USN (as such, I've a strong background in painting, sanding, metal preservation, weapons handling and am a certified Master Helmsman)

5. Model/actor (what can i say? chicks dig scars and dimples![] Anyone doing a FanFilm, you got a principle right here!)

6. "Loan" Officer for a Post-Dated Checking Company (I know, I know; it was a shady time of my life..[V])

7. Telemarketer (great for building thick skin!)

8. Account Executive for an advertising agency (Madison Avenue, it wasn't)

9. Copywriter,voice talent for local radio station (but we did manage to reach over a quarter million, thank you)

10. Account Exec, Enterprise Car Sales (3yrs and counting...)

<center>References Available Upon Request</center>

You don't need to see any identification.

Cut castor loss peices in a machine shop at 14-15
    Did contract welding at 16
    went to work for Sherwin-Williams at 17.
    and for the past two years i've been dispatching for a freight company.

ps. i'm 20.

i have been working for my family's business in the summer for around 8 years. we make concrete septic tanks and a few other things like sidewalk blocks. pay is not too bad, since i started, my pay has multiplied by over 20 times [8D]

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

first job: hired "under the table" at age 14 to work in a gun store (fun! free box of ammo on fridays to let off steam on the firing range)

other jobs:

pizza delivery

"office space"-type job (all 3 months i could stand of it)

gas station clerk

recording studio owner (sold all the gear since)

background extra in movies/tv (BH90210, My So-called life, Strange Days, a Nintendo commercial, etc)

current job: auto parts delivery and play in 2 bands

"Loyal minions, ATTACK!"
    "uhh, who?"
    "You, you idiots! You're our loyal minions! SO START ATTACKING!"
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

jobs during and pre highschool cater primarilly to grunt work... landscaping and such. Spent a couple years doing volunteer work in Korea, came back and went to college where i got a job manning computer labs, they seemed to like me there and i was promoted to lab manager. Did the managering thing for a couple years then moved on post degree to my current location where i see myself retiring working as a computer technician for a local school district. Mostly it involves hardware repair and software maintenance... but i love it and i work with great people. Who could ask for more, i even have enough cash to build a saber every now and again.

i get hurt when i do everything...heck today i got uppercutted by a friend and sliced my tongue, chipped a tooth, and messed up my inner cheek! we were trying to box tho, lesson learned wear a mouthgaurd

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Countdown nice to know someone tryed to kill ya but what is you job i am guessing Student

<center><font size="1"><font color="maroon">Please read the FAQ and the Thread Index before you post.</font id="maroon"></font id="size1">

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

yes and i got my ass kicked at PE lol

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

currently i work at pathmark, cashier. Used to work customer service, but they kicked me out of there for losing money.

My favorite job was working at the local skating rink. I was a DJ and a floorguard... gave out skates, made sure the rules were followed... and i got to dress up as a dinosaur called the Skato-saurus. it was alot of fun. Currently i'm working on a B.S. in Civil Engineering.

A Jedi feels the Force flowing through him..