I was just curious about what y’all do for a living. Past, present, and future.

Myself, I went to Vocational school for Auto Body and got a job at a Body Shop during my senior year, and worked there for just over 4 years.
It was good work, it was gratifying, and low stress. But the pay wasn’t that great on the high end. I was doing rather well for my age at the time. But I wasn’t too fond of the “Bondo-Buggers” and other health risks (Like sterilization) and I got greedy. A $7.00/hr. (49%) pay increase over 4 years wasn’t good enough for me… What was I thinking?!

Currently I am an Independent Auto Damage Insurance Appraiser.
I basically write appraisals for damaged vehicles and argue with Body Shops all day.

I hate it, it sux, but I usually get home at 11:00-12:00 everyday and make more than my wife who leaves at 8:00 and gets home at 7:00. And she went to collage! lol Oh, but wait... She likes her job...

I am patiently looking for another career. Maybe something in construction. I have talked to my boss about getting into the Home and Property end of the buisness, but I'm not too sure that will solve my problem with this job.

I am taking a Bartending class right now and hope to get into a nice bar soon to pick up some extra cash. And who knows, maybe it will be lucrative enough to support us with. Some bartenders in the Boston area make 6 figures! So you never know.

So what do you do?

Have you read your Thread Index today?
FAQ
Official Designated TCSS Jester!