Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: On-going Saber Design Check

oops...just saw that you have experience sand casting....if TCSS could mill it for you then you could be sure your parts fit...not sure if that's an option but worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    oops...just saw that you have experience sand casting....if TCSS could mill it for you then you could be sure your parts fit...not sure if that's an option but worth a shot.
    That is probably more work than he's wanting to do or have done. if TCSS were to do that, it would be a crapload of money.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

it'd be much simpler to get an aluminum tube overlay and cut it how you want it, if you want artistic it'd be technically possible to get a thicker tube and shape it by grinding it down to how you want it after you cut the initial shape, I can see how to do it but it'd probably take months of work...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_DevilGuy View Post
    it'd be much simpler to get an aluminum tube overlay and cut it how you want it, if you want artistic it'd be technically possible to get a thicker tube and shape it by grinding it down to how you want it after you cut the initial shape, I can see how to do it but it'd probably take months of work...
    very good point, DDG. I like that idea.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

The problem with grinding is loosing the finish. I've been told it will look very poor if I do that. Also I don't have very much experience with grinding and what I have done I've had a hard time with. Besides the likely hood of messing up once and running the entire sleeve is too high. If I cast I can reproduce very easily the hard part is making the master and the negative. after that it's fairly simple I feel it will be less time consuming than grinding. Also TCSS would need to make a profit and recover labor costs, doing it my self is much cheaper.