Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Next Hilt -- WIP

Quote Originally Posted by ErikTheHack View Post
    That looks really SWEET!

For mine (this time) I used the Pig putty and Dremel sanded it back. It sets up really quick so 20 minutes or so after my post the part was already ready Certainly not as elegant as what you've done there though. I like how you added the clamp release. Is that from an actual clamp?
    Its a replica from parks as well. after several months of not returning my emails, and a couple of weeks of not picking up the phone he finally answered and I asked him for a non anodized clamp and a release lever and he drilled & milled out the box fo it.

when I got it, I had to sand the heck out of the clamp and then buff it to the best iof my tools abilities.

Like I said, I love em. Just wish hed offer them more finished

and I wish Tim would carry them.Tim responds to your emails quickly and ships you parts lightening fast. Im thinking they might fit the new led array as its the same length as the box he has for them
    Last edited by sithlordfaust; 10-27-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    Im thinking they might fit the new led array as its the same length as the box he has for them
    I've been thinking exactly the same thing -- it looks like a fit.

I think to recap on blade colour, why not use the ten watt RGBA LEDengin? Then you can have a sick purple, and any other colour. By the way this saber is looking good, can't wait for it to be finished!
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I love clamps, but I've never been a fan of putting one on the back end of a saber. I don't understand its purpose there. The design is really cool, so don't change it if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by chase View Post
    I love clamps, but I've never been a fan of putting one on the back end of a saber. I don't understand its purpose there. The design is really cool, so don't change it if you like it.
    I guess my rational was I imagined this being a reverse-grip saber and since the activator in this case in in the clamp or box (whatever it's called) I put it on the bottom which in the reverse-grip case is generally on top.

...plus I thought it would look cool

Thanks for the input

Default Status

Been busy with other things the last few weeks so I haven't made any progress on any of my saber projects -- probably going to be stagnant for another week or so.

I'll update with some pics when I have something new. Really all I have left on this one is the shroud to template, cut, and finish. Then I'll have 2 hilts that I need to put some guts into.

Quote Originally Posted by Sairon View Post
    I think to recap on blade colour, why not use the ten watt RGBA LEDengin? Then you can have a sick purple, and any other colour. By the way this saber is looking good, can't wait for it to be finished!
    I was looking at those -- seems like a very cool idea but also a fair amount of wiring no?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Please try to avoid double and triple posting.

Use the edit and multi-quote buttons.

Thanks.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikTheHack View Post
    I was looking at those -- seems like a very cool idea but also a fair amount of wiring no?
    I'm not exatcly sure, talk to Fender since he's used them before.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)