Thread: 1.5" Heat Shrink Tubing

Default 1.5" Heat Shrink Tubing

Firstly let me say, If this violates the terms of this forum, please remove it without further ado. My intent is not to step on toes when it comes to the store. Since this is not currently an item sold, I figured this would be ok. Once again...I apologize if not.

With that out of the way, I am looking to find a place for cheap, effective 1.5" Heatshrink tubing to use on my next saber project. I only need roughly a foot and have found a few places like this one. I want all of you expert sabersmiths' (and those not so expert ) opinions on the best place to get it.

Is there somewhere local? Should you have it shipped? etc.

Thanks guys!

Oh, and I had the hardest time figuring out where to stick this thread! Hope it's in the right spot...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

I use CableOrganizer.com. They have large sizes of heat shrink by the foot. Be careful when you order if the heat shrink is regular or double walled (adhesive type). The regular type is very strong but flexible, very nice grip material. This should be okay here as TCSS does not sell large heat shrink.
    http://cableorganizer.com/heat-shrin...FRWbnAodXlk1ag
    Last edited by DarthHideous; 10-07-2009 at 06:37 PM.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

Check your local Frys that's where I get mine.

No Fry's in Utah...unless you count Some Dude's Frys....don't even know what that is..
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

i am definitely going to be looking into getting some shrink tube for the grips on a couple of my sabers...
    I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, than have you love me for something that I'm not

Mcmastercarr is great for heatshrink, you can get some with adheisives so the stick better.
    Last edited by Sairon; 10-16-2009 at 05:10 PM.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Unless you want to be able to take it off eventually, then don't get the adhesive lined.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!