Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hilt Wiring

Default Hilt Wiring

Has anyone had a problem with this, or is it just me?

I finished my saber, but one thing I noticed was that it leeches the battery even when not on. I put a new 9v into it, had it on for a few minutes, then turned it off. About an hour or two later, I try to turn it on again, and the battery is completely dead.

Any ideas on where I went wrong?

Thanks!

where did you wire the switch into the circuit? if you wire it onto one of the output wires, there will still be a complete circuit from the battery to the inverter.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

*smacks head* Doh!

I'm not sure, but thinking back, I bet that's exactly what I did...silly me. I got too impatient on finishing the blasted thing... I'll check, but I think that's where I went wrong.

Thanks!

its gonna leach the battery no matter what, its still sending power to the inverter just not as much.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you have the switch between the battery and the invert you wont lose any more power than the battery sitting there by itself. I have had a battery sitting in a test saber for 5 months and it still works fine.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

yep, it only sucks the power if you put the switch on an output, i had the same problem when i was a total newbie [] it kinda makes me feel better that i am not the only one with that problem.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

lol...Thanks guys!

...now pardon me while I fall on my lightsaber. (or should I fix it, and THEN fall on it?)

Does anyone have instructions on where and how to wire the switch. Sorry if it has already been explained, but I could'nt find it. I know absolutely nothing about electronics and new to this, so help would be appreciated.
    Thanks![]

Did you look through this, its Tims tutorial for That.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...sp?TOPIC_ID=15

Hope its what you need...

Cain

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you have one of the new inverters just hook the switch to the 2 black wires. Just take one of the black wires on the inverter and solder it to one of the switch wires. Then connect the remaining black wire from the inverter to the remaining switch wire..all done. Cant get much easier than that[8D]

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop