Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my new buisness card idea. any opions.

Default my new buisness card idea. any opions.

I found Aurabesh fonts today online, and decieded to play around in Photoshop. I came up with a basic buisness card idea. I just want some opinions. I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not. The two images are of the front & back, it doesn't matter whitch is whitch. My myspace address is current so please feel free to check out my artwork. Thank you, Jack
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 10-09-2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Hey...I had a look at your myspace. Iron Maiden fan?..sweet.

Before I give you some advice here are some credentials...

I've made a living off freelance art and design for over 10 years and have catered to a variety or clients. I've done lots of tattoo designs and have done signage and murals for tattoo shops. I'm able to provide clients with artwork/logos that are print ready for all their promotional needs. From silk screening color separations to full vehicle vinyl wraps.

Now on to some feedback...your service is (re)producing artwork. Display that on your card. It's a competitive industry give a glimpse of what sets you above the rest. If it's you as an individual, your shop interior, exterior location, or some style'n art, make sure that is likely to catch the eye of the majority of your potential clients. Put yourself in a clients shoes and try to see yourself and how this card portrays you and your business with fresh eyes. This is what I've been doing for my clients when designing their cards signs, and other promotional prints. It should all tie in together and make a strong first impression.

I Know this is a harsh criticism but I'm trying to be constructive...this card tells me you have a myspace page, you like star wars and your name is Jack Tattoo.

I hope this is helpful and gives you some great ideas for your next card design.

Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 10-20-2009 at 08:16 AM.

To my knowledge, we are not allowed to post aything to do with exterior sells that could take away from business to Tim. I could e wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's a rule.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

This would actually help sales because we all need to make money to buy sabers some how.

Besides...hehe...when I want a light saber a tattoo just won't cut it.

But you are taking attention away from Tim's store by attempting to introduce business cards as a sale.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Crystal, I'm a huge Maiden fan. It's funny not a lot of people know who Eddie is or Iron Maiden for that matter. Thank you for the advice. Starkiller, I was just goofing around with the Star Wars font. And since I don't know any huge fans in my area to share this with, I thought that maybe you guys would get a kick out of it. I apologize if I offeneded anybody. I'm also not trying advertize in this forum, I just thought it would be cool for other people to check out my art work, and in a way for you guys to get to know a little more about who I am. Art is a personal thing. That's all. I could see how that may have come off as advertizing, that was not my intention, again I apologize. Thank you, Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    Crystal, I'm a huge Maiden fan. It's funny not a lot of people know who Eddie is or Iron Maiden for that matter. Thank you for the advice. Starkiller, I was just goofing around with the Star Wars font. And since I don't know any huge fans in my area to share this with, I thought that maybe you guys would get a kick out of it. I apologize if I offeneded anybody. I'm also not trying advertize in this forum, I just thought it would be cool for other people to check out my art work, and in a way for you guys to get to know a little more about who I am. Art is a personal thing. That's all. I could see how that may have come off as advertizing, that was not my intention, again I apologize. Thank you, Jack
    Up the Irons guys!

HUGE fan myself for well over 20 years. Been to I can't remember how many Maiden concerts -- and some of the ones I can remember I don't remember so well either

As for the card -- I love it. Been thinking about getting my first tattoo. I have a design I've been working on for years. PM me if you wouldn't mind me bouncing some ideas off you.

OBTW, I don't think this is going to steal any business or focus away from Tim -- unless HE does tattoos

ACTUALLY, eric- He did my first 6 tats. Just kidding.

I Think what SK is saying it detracts from the reason we're on this forum, not necessarily that it's stealing business.

DM I agree with Crytal Chambers, you need to design something which will make people connect with your business otherwise they will forget. The card doesn't do that.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    I Think what SK is saying it detracts from the reason we're on this forum, not necessarily that it's stealing business.

DM I agree with Crytal Chambers, you need to design something which will make people connect with your business otherwise they will forget. The card doesn't do that.
    That pretty much was what I was saying. You just said it better, lol