Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Black blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
    OK people play nice if you want to stop the exchange of ideas from others just keep telling others they have a bad idea. BUT if you get a out there idea expect the same treatment of your idea.
    So There are black blades leon paul had a black bell guard and black blade at the us nat champion ships I saw it. I wanted it and tryed to buy it. ( this is a real us fencing saber -steel) its was very cool but they were not selling it it was a proto type.
    So i was thinking a black blade would show up better in daylight but it would not glow it could be a demo blade in a show and switch to a purple blade when the lights go out so it glows. or in my fight club if you wanted a black ploycarbon blade and fight us with that ok with me. I look at want people want
    why not a black blade why not pink or red striped guys do not make people unhappy if we can think about we can do it.
    By god if our young men are fighting overseas and one of them wants a three color blade that plays ring around the rosey I will try to get it done.
    So a black blade ok can a black blade glow I don't know but I am willing to try it out. if you don't try you don't win.
    so i will paint a blade black and give it a shot.
    and if i fail ok what more can i try. we are unstopable as long as we work together. And I will always try to keep a open mind.
    cause a lot of people will call us geeks because we like to dream.
    We went to the moon and made starwars, so let us not call others
    to task for BAD IDEAS maybe we can do it and some day maybe a real lightsaber will be made and it could be black ( If you don't think the color black is real then for give me oh king and the sigh said long hair frekie people need not apply.
    make friends not war.
    I will always try to give a open reply to any person. we fight so others can talk
    about us that makes us great.

WT
    huh??
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Read the first couple of posts

You can use Tim's tinted blade if you want that effect.

The rest of the discussion is educating (not successfully) the n00bs on the physics of light.

My bad, I thought it was about suggestions, or ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    My bad, I thought it was about suggestions, or ideas.
    Yeah, me too. Perhaps THAT'S where _I_ went astray.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" is an idiom that means you think I secretly agree with you, which we both know is untrue. If you're going to quote Shakespeare to show off your intellect, at least know what the line means.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" is an idiom that means you think I secretly agree with you, which we both know is untrue. If you're going to quote Shakespeare to show off your intellect, at least know what the line means.
    Oh why do I even bother? <-- A rhetorical question just so ya know.
    Last edited by ErikTheHack; 10-16-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: removed explanation of comment -- he just isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikTheHack View Post
    Oh why do I even bother? <-- A rhetorical question just so ya know.

Just thought I would raise a thred from the dead, posted a new one, but someone has posted some rather interesting pics over at the fx sabers forums

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=24111.0

Hmmm... I get skeptical whenever I see posts like this. He only posted one picture, in which it appears he already has achieved the desired result, but then goes on to tell us that it's still in development. Then he gives vague details about exactly how he is achieving the result. Until he posts his method and until his results are duplicated by a reputable saber builder, I'll reserve judgment. I still maintain that a black core inside a blade will not be possible without either a specialized optic or a ring of LEDs, due to the fact that in an ordinary setup all of the visible light that illuminates the blade actually travels through the center where the opaque core would be located. Even if you direct the light up the sides of the outer tube around the black core, you will NEVER get a totally black core, merely a dim one. I suspect all he has done is take a photo of a regular blade with something opaque and smaller in width sitting on top of it. Someone who is a member of that forum, keep an eye on this topic and post here when there is more information.

A black core IS theoretically possible using interference pattern wave cancelling...if he has achieved that I'd be quite impressed since I expect it would be very difficult R&D and I've always thought impractical. I will await further details.

It cannot be done with interference patterns either. All that will do is create dark areas where it will seem as if there is no light. However, those dark areas are not created in your eye, they are created on the surface onto which the light is being cast. This means that the dark spot will not follow your eyes as you move around the blade. In other words, even if you can cast a black interference pattern on one side of the blade, when you view it from another angle it will still be illuminated. If you are satisfied creating that effect, the same thing can be done simply by running two rows of black electrical tape down the length of your blade.

Going to keep an eye on this my self. Is soething i would like to know how to do just for the novel effect alone.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci