Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Black blades?

why not... it is funny reading the posts. Sure it may be technically impossible, but a lot of the comments appear to focus more on the "it's stupid" so you can't do it. remember everyone, different stokes for different folks. me personally, I think it looks kinda weird yet interesting. wouldn't make one myself (going on the idea that it could be possible), but hey why go green over blue? Personal preference. Not one is better than the other.

I agree that it would be practically impossbile, but like i said in the first place it's only for show. It wont be used for fighting or for anyother reason than just to oogle at it. I view it as one of those things that "to my knowledge" hasn't been done successfully (BUT I CAN BE WRONG). I know that it was just a game, Loreen, but in the first place this whole site wouldn't even be here without a little movie in the late seventies called Star Wars. And i understand the physics of light and what the word BLACK means so you can rule that out. Can you tell me what light is?

No Vor, it isn't practically impossible, it is absolutely impossible. What you would need is a black core that emits no light surrounded by a luminous outer blade. However, if you surround a black object with 360 degrees of something that glows, all you are going to see is the outer blade. If you take a few moments to consider your own idea before posting it, it should be obvious that it can only be done in video games.

Vorian89, just wrap your saber blade in black electrical tape. Done.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

id go with the smoke blade and white led idea.

I get a crack out of the replies saying how its impracticle or whatnot because its the absence of light, not understanding lightwaves babble.

HELLO lightsabers are fake people, not real, pretend, fantasy.
    so the idea of how its technically not feasible beacause of how lightwaves work is a load of BS.

the whole idea of a lighsaber is not feasible because of how physics work, so we should all quit making them.

having said that.. to the OP, this topic has been posted about a few times, its not a new Idea by any means.
    so , the next time you think youve come up with an original idea, and want to ask about it, use the search function to find where someone else got bashed for asking it so you dont have to endure it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Hey SLF, I have a black blade.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Hey SLF, I have a black blade.
    well post a pic of it.
    Itll show how well the idea works for those who have thought of doing one..(me included)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    well post a pic of it.
    Itll show how well the idea works for those who have thought of doing one..(me included)

Dude, you know what one I am talking about...the Black poly-C one.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    id go with the smoke blade and white led idea.

I get a crack out of the replies saying how its impracticle or whatnot because its the absence of light, not understanding lightwaves babble.

HELLO lightsabers are fake people, not real, pretend, fantasy.
    so the idea of how its technically not feasible beacause of how lightwaves work is a load of BS.

the whole idea of a lighsaber is not feasible because of how physics work, so we should all quit making them.
    In the real world, it's an impossible idea simply because LEDs cannot produce a "black light" (for lack of a better term). Hence, the replies.

In the Star Wars universe, there is a certain realm of believability that cannot be broken. Sure, some laws of physics are kicked in the stones and tossed aside, but others are strictly adhered to. The light spectrum is in the latter category. Considering the way a lightsaber has been established to work, black blades simply cannot be produced. Even the Star Wars universe has laws. "Hur dee dur, it's fiction!" is not a valid argument.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tink the point is people are trying to make is this:
    "Darkness is the absence of light." so, If you wanted a black blade you would have to (as previoulsy mentioned) buy the smoky poly-c tube, use a white-or red luxIII and deal with the results.

What you can't do is by a black LED...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...