Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Black blades?

Interesting effect. Although to sell them doesn't seem worth it to me. Seems like it's a very labor intensive process. Plus if the film shifts inside the tube, the effect is ruined because the lines will no longer be straight, giving a swirling effect. If I were Senti I wouldn't sell completed blades, but make a tutorial on how sabersmiths could make their own. Given that this is a prototype, there may be improvements along the way, but I doubt that there is really enough demand for a blade of this style to really warrant extreme development.
    Follow Your Bliss

I agree about black poly-c, kinda of neat and much better then stripes.

Nice to see him try but not a successful attempt by any means IMO.

Why does it seem like you can't give honest and respectfully criticism on FX. Mostly praise all over there and I don't think it does anyone any good. I think you're being a bit harsh Matt but still funny...lol. I don't get the impression he's trying to fool anyone. My original post saying this has got to be a hoax was more about seeing how long he could string everyone along on something that doesn't really work.

With all the developments in sabers, I'm surpised to hear so many people say CAN'T. Kind of reminds me of when people thought the world was flat. Maybe there's way to do black blades, atleast better then we currently think, but obviously Senti has to really step it up to make any viable progress.

For instance is it possible that there's a film that does the opposite of corbin film.....I know you guys all racked your brains on this before but maybe there's still some way...maybe a new film or LED lightspectrum combo that will come out next year...who knows.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 07-08-2010 at 09:53 AM.

I don't get the impression he's trying to fool anyone.
    Maybe not intentionally, but I must say that throughout the entire thread there is an unbelievable amount of hype for a couple stripes inside a tube. This doesn't seem difficult or require R&D. Just mask a diffuser tube, paint it, put it in a blade.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

alright, I've been trying not to comment on this...

but why not just use two more strips of paint almost like a plus sign, each directly opposite of each other?

Would that give the same impression he is trying to get from all sides?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I think we just got bashed over here.

You are welcome to your opinions, but if you don't like it and find it a gimmick or stupid, please don't post here.

You see why I don't post anything over at TCSS? Roll Eyes If you're idea or design doesn't meet their fancy, they feed you to the rancors. Tongue
    Funny how the only two negative posts were both active members at TCSS.... Roll Eyes

Guys, the fact is, it's an optical illusion, yes. What is your definition of a "true black core blade"? One that has a black core and even light on both sides? Senti's has that. One that uses something more "impressive"? So? A slingshot will still throw an object despite its simple construction.

No offense, but get over yourselves. He did it, you didn't. Suck it up and take it like mature adults Wink.
    WoW I didn't realize constructive comments were so unwelcome at FX. I guess I'll watch what I say.

As for myself I don't want anyone sugar coating their responses toward me. If you think I portrayed something improperly or have an idea on how to do something better. Please say so.

This is how we grow.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

No, because then when looking at it from the 'right' angle, there would be a black core, two strips of blue, and then two more strips of black from the new black stripes. Also, it'd look even weirder than it already does looking at it 'diagonally', as you'd have a super thin strip of blue with black on either side.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Blog Entries

Ah, OK LM. Just a brainstorming thought...

Back to the TCSS black blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    I think we just got bashed over here.

As for myself I don't want anyone sugar coating their responses toward me. If you think I portrayed something improperly or have an idea on how to do something better. Please say so.

This is how we grow.
    Wow, I don't know what else to say. If someone has a constructive criticism comment for me I love to hear it.
    Each to his own...
    Last edited by cardcollector; 07-08-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Same here. It is from constructive criticism that we learn to do things better. In J-Lo's case, we learn to spell more better. LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    we learn to spell more better. LOL
    Ack- even I flinched on that one!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I guess I'm not rubbing off on Rhyen.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!