Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Black blades?

Default Black blades?

Has anyone ever thought of making a black blade like the unlockable one from the force unleashed. I was thinking about trying to put a black object of some kind into the blade to get the out white glow around the blade using a white LED. I know it wont look good in the light but i hope it will look good in the dark. It will be just for show. Ideas? Thoughts?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

It has been discussed ad nauseam before. Not possible, not practical, and would be a waste of time.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Dude, that was a game, not real life.

Black is the absence of light.

Get one of the Transparent Smoke polyc tubes and make a blade with it, use a white LED in your hilt and pretend you have a black blade.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Co...tube-P430.aspx
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Just don't cut your arm off with that thing. You won't beable to see it in a drak place.

I honestly don't understand people's fascination with Black Bladed Lightsabers. As Loreen and many others have pointed out as well, black is the absence of light. It's simply not doable and frankly is a really lame concept. In all reality it's counter productive to building lightsabers.
    Last edited by psab keel; 09-30-2009 at 03:39 PM.
    Follow Your Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by psab keel View Post
    I honestly don't understand people's fascination with Black Bladed Lightsabers. As Loreen and many others have pointed out as well, black is the absence of light. It's simply not doable and frankly is a really lame concept. In all reality it's counter productive to building lightsabers.
    Obviously some people dont think itslame, because they asked about it.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Maybe they just don't understand the physics of lightwaves.

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Eh. It's usually based on the odd concept that black is a "bad***" color. In my opinion, it's one of the dumbest concepts next to a "Grey" Jedi.

Black blades are really not that appealing. The word that I would use to describe them is appalling! (that's "appealing" without the "e" get it )
    The best part about the lightsaber is that it is a LIGHTsaber not a darksaber.

Black blades only work in the movies using CGI or in video games. Sure it can be done that way but why? I suppose it could be a CGI black tendril-like miasma or something but again, why?
    Last edited by ARKM; 09-30-2009 at 08:40 PM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."