Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Confirming I have all the correct parts I need.

Default Confirming I have all the correct parts I need.

I've been waiting for at least 4 days to get advice on the list I've compiled and posted in the parts list section. I have a hollow hilt complete and would like to order the rest of the parts asap...what do I do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyone View Post
    I've been waiting for at least 4 days to get advice on the list I've compiled and posted in the parts list section. I have a hollow hilt complete and would like to order the rest of the parts asap...what do I do now?
    I don't know...be patient? Maybe try and make a better impression on a family-oriented site than have a crude username that the Admin of the forums has to edit for you? Maybe do a bit of looking around and reading? Maybe stop expecting everyone to do your work for you?

You got off on the wrong foot with a lot of people. Don't expect everyone to fall all over themselves to try and help you.

I guess my point is I'm used to having more customer service.

It seems like it's making it difficult to do business. A person could easily get frustrated and look to another source.

And I do apologize for the user name, I didn't put much thought it to it, I just thought it was funny and relatively harmless.

I do plan on making more then one saber though...hehe. Designing the hilt has been a fun challenge so far.
    Last edited by Onlyone; 09-28-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Keep in mind, this is a Do It Yourself type of place. You have to take responsibility for your own education in the hobby.

If we see you've made an effort to learn what you need, you'll be more likely to get help when you ask a good question.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 09-28-2009 at 04:58 PM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Everything you need is in the forums... Im still browsing older threads and finding new things, which are still helpful today. Try the Index Thread, all your main answers are there..

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alcfalath View Post
    Everything you need is in the forums... Im still browsing older threads and finding new things, which are still helpful today. Try the Index Thread, all your main answers are there..
    That is SOOOOO true...
    I found a qui-gonn harware tutorial just the other day. There are SOOOOO many threads!!!!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

All this info is great. The only problem is spending 4 hours reading posts with a search word mentioned and still not finding the info you need is time consuming and frustrating.

Indeed the amount of information to go through is quite daunting. When you are the #1 site for the DIY saber-builder, you tend to amass a great deal of information. It's good that it all exists, and many of us can understand your frustrations trying to find what you seek. However, since many of us have been here for a very, very long time and are likely the authors of a large portion of the info, we're not inclined to answer every question that comes our way, since we've already traveled that road with many other new members asking for info without trying to find the answers themselves.

This hobby has no instant gratification. It's a lot of hard work and tedious hours researching, lots of hours experimenting with designs and electronics, lots of minor "failures" before you get a wonderful success.

Dude, Jonitus is right, you just got into one of the most time consuming hobbies of all time!

I have not even ordered my stuff for my first saber yet but i have already put, like, fifteen hours in (literally) just to find the right parts! And it was FUN. All the people on the forums have been helpful!(Of course I didnt start with some raunchy name... it must have been pretty bad to have it mentioned in every thread you post) DarthHideous gave me some great advice: Search, search, then search some more, pull your hair out, then ask for help!

Well the name wasn't that bad...but I can see why it was removed.

Maybe I need to utilize the search more effectively but it was pullling up ever word I put in individually.

Once I get mine all worked out I'll be sure to pay it back by posting how it all comes together in detail for others who aim for the same/similar goals.