Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive Jedi Boots?

Default Inexpensive Jedi Boots?

If you have some skill at modifying footwear, then these boots might be a good start.

I came across them by accident looking for some steampunk clothing. I dont know the average price for Jedi boots but these seemed to be a good deal to me.

Those look a lot like the kind CostumeBase sells. I'm too lazy to actually pull mine out of the closet, but I think they're about the same. They've worked great for me so far, and I've had them for over a year.

I have a pair of those. For just walking around they're great but i don't thing they would last long with choreographed fighting.
    Over all, a good deal for the price.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I've seen those same boot all over different costume site, some have them for as low as $35, though I couldn't find any of those places when I looked for them last night.

Some people have gotten good use of these boots, some have had them fall apart on their first wearing.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post

Some people have gotten good use of these boots, some have had them fall apart on their first wearing.
    Like the ones I had....cracked and ripped at the ankles after the first outing on a Halloween a few years a go...after that, I plunked down some money on real leather boots and have had them for three years now.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

These would be good for stills pics, but I saw a pair rip right infront of my eyes.

I'd recommend leather ones all the way. They're more expensive, i've had mine two years, and I love them.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I bought real leather calvary boots.
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

I picked my boots - motorcycle boots in real life - at LeatherUp.com for a similar price point. Having done a test wear of those with my robes and a pair of khaki pants that I'm repurposing for this, they work very well, in point of fact. Not sure what the Rebel Legion would say - gotta wait on my belt before I can find out! - but I'd say they're fantastic for the job.

I'm extremely new to the costuming (I'm getting ready for a Halloween party, truth be told!) but I came across these while looking at one of my favorite medieval resources. They're about the same price as those you show, only they're black...there might be some brown colorways available in a similar style.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-853-captains-boots.aspx

Also, http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-443-...her-boots.aspx are nice, but they're on close-out.

Unless you are 4 feet tall, I don't think those would fit. They only have size 5-6. I would shell out the money for a good pair of boots. They will last much much longer than cheap boots.