Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sephiroth Blade

Quote Originally Posted by makototsai View Post
    just like this one>

Wow Makotosai, that is gorgeous. I was looking for something just a tad bit longer but that is still very impressive. Sorry that I have not given you guys an update in so long, I have been very busy at my job. Working at a comic book shop is not as easy as one would think. I just got done making the blade and am about 47% done with the hilt. All thats left is to order the LEDs.

I am the Sasuke.

oh man i cant wait to see this!
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

How would you bend the blade and the diffuser? Also wouldnt the blade end up not being evenly lit?

I understand and respect the tribute to the Masmune, but It might be a bit far-fetched (even for star-wars), to have a bent lightsaber blade.

It will be a challenge, especially for a Lux saber, but it could be done with the Makoto technique, i think.

As far as far-fetched (even for star-wars), might i introduce you to, the lightwhip...

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Default idea from the new guy

what about fiber optics? if the led lighting the hole blade is the bigest conserne other than the wight problam why not try the fiber optics route? it may make it a bit heavyer but it would defantly make a even full light through the hole blade. atleast thats what i would do

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's not really how fiber optics works. I don't think even the side glow type would work well for that.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Board Lurker

Too bad You're Done with the blade. I was gonna suggest heating a poly-c blade and bending along the heat to curve a blade, if it works like I've heard.

Same thing I'm going to do for an optional blade for my Katana-style Lightsaber.

Nice Necropost there.

I'm no plastics expert, but I'm not sure if that will work how you think it will. Even if it doesn't crack, the structural intensity of the tube will be so slight that it won't even be worth duelling.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????

Heating polycarbonate to bend it is not easy, I know this from personal experience from making a "joke" EL blade for a friend (curved in the middle so he could wear it strapped around his body, curved part under his costume, to look like he was impaled).

We don't know if he's completely finished the blade yet, as it getting it lit up, since he hasn't posted any pics.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Smile

I'm sure there is probably a way to accomplish this, but I personally don't understand the appeal of ridiculously long or over-sized blades. They look silly to me. But to each their own.
    Follow Your Bliss