Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sephiroth Blade

Default Sephiroth Blade

Hey guys I was wondering if it would be possible to make a lightsaber blade about as long as sephiroth's sword. I am guessing this would have to be around 100 inches long.

EDIT: Here is a rough picture of what I would like it to look like
    Last edited by Darth_Sasuke; 09-27-2009 at 06:30 PM.

I am the Sasuke.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Um, That would be totally impractical. Would you seriously use a blade that long?!?!?!?!

The LED wouldn't even be strong enought light the length of that blade.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Ok as Fellow sephiroth fan dont try it. the blade would be to wobbally. oh and the blade is only 6' with the handle being about 16"

but the more i think about about it the more i think how awsome it would look if it could be done.
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

To pull that off, you would need larger than 1" OD for the blade so that it is not too whippy at such a long length. As such, I imagine the blade would be just a bit heavy. Some counter-weights in the pommel would be needed as well as a custom emitter/blade holder.

Even if you can pull that off, as had been previously mentioned, you would have difficulty lighting the blade. The only good lighting solution for a blade that long would be an LED string like what Makototsai uses for his blades.

That said, it could be done but would be heavy and impractical.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

gentlemen this IS possible... but. you will have quite a chore to do. the only way you can get a GOOD WORKING version of a "sephiroth saber" is to have a REALLY LONG HILT like 1 1/2 feet (give or take) and have half of the hilt contain the blade with multiple set screws to ensure it will be secure. now in order to get the whole blade to light up... you can kiss a regular LED good by, (unless you wanna get fancy with mirrors but that is getting ahead of myself) i would recomend using EL technology. and DO NOT go for the straight blade look, please!! for the love of FF!!! just make the blade yourself. order some "sheet Poly c." and cut out the shape of the blade. and make sure you have 2 sides. put the EL strips in the blade and find a way to make it all "glue" together. once you have figured that out it should be a fine working blade that is actually shaped like a friggin long katana. HOWEVER because it is thin, it will be flimsy so it would not be practical to get all fancy with the swinging. or dueling for that matter. but it would still look cool... good luck!
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

Revan talked about custom making a katana shaped blade. you would need to make a custom blade no matter what you wanted the blade shape to be. If you wanted it to be a simple round blade like traditional sabers, keep in mind that the polycarbonate tubes are sold in 40'' lengths, so you would need to come up with a way to "seemlessy" combine tubes. good luck with that one lol
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Man if you pullthis off i want to see it!
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

Quote Originally Posted by theJUDGE View Post
    keep in mind that the polycarbonate tubes are sold in 40'' lengths[/U], so you would need to come up with a way to "seemlessy" combine tubes. good luck with that one lol
    There are multiple plastics dealers online that sell PolyC tubes in various diameters and wall thicknesses in lengths well over 4 feet(including the diameters and wall thicknesses that TCSS sells). He can't buy a blade that long here, but he can buy it elsewhere.
    Last edited by ARKM; 09-27-2009 at 11:26 PM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

And shipping tubing or sheet that long is gonna be expensive.........
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

thanks for all the replies guys. I'm still not completely sure if I want to do LEDs through the blade or go EL. Looks like im gonna be on the drawing board for this project for quite some time.

I am the Sasuke.