Thread: Saber Tech Shop (OFFICIALLY OPENED!)

Default Saber Tech Shop (OFFICIALLY OPENED!)

Hi there Saber Smiths!

I just wanted to get the official word out now, my new Lightsaber repair business is up and running! As of this moment, Saber Tech Shop is the only official repair business for Crystal Focus Lightsaber core boards. In the very near future I'll be adding Ultrasound boards to the repair list, and I will also be looking to other electronic board to add to the list.

Here's a quick YouTube video where you can see me, my workbench, the first CF I ever hand made!

I also do firmware upgrades on Crystal Focus, and I'm hoping to do the same for Ultrasound in the very near future.

The website address is listed in my signature. To give you a quick idea of the repair costs, the base fee is $35 US, and if the repair is really extensive, the max you will pay is $100 where the board will be totally scrapped and replaced. Considering a new CF board is not only HARD to get a hold of, but it's also $170 after the Euro to US conversion I think this is a good service to offer.

Cheers,
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

This is great news! Congratulations Edwin! I wish you the best.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Typically posts like this are not allowed on here Edwin but since you may be servicing boards we sell in the near future I will allow it.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

does this mean more CF's will be produced?
    It will save Erv some time though... that way he could focus on other things, like more CF's

Anyway, good luck Eandori, and MTFBWY

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Whoops sorry Tim, my bad. If you want to take this post down or move it to a different forum please feel free.

Yeah, I'll be helping Erv' assemble Crystal Focus boards which will certainly help him focus. More then that, the main service I provide (firmware upgrades and repairs) will do the largest job of freeing up Erv's time.

Yes, I'm fully planning on adding Ultrasound boards as well. Been in discussions for months with Alex now and we are fully on board. It's in "execution" time now and I have just been working to get the business up and running and CF upgrade/repairs running. I'll be adding Ultrasound very soon now.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!

Angry US 2.5 help

Can you reapir a damaged trace wire on a US2.5 board going to the speaker? Please email me on details as to how to send the board at trloy2000@yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Todd

Last edited by Jedibowls; 09-26-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Read his 1st post, its all there.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Repair a damaged trace? Very likely I can fix that yes.

I would need to see exactly what trace it is, but that SHOULD BE do-able. If I can see the contacts clearly on the board I need to bridge, they can be fixed. The fix would likely be a new wire on top of the board bridging that connection. I would probably fasten it down after soldering it on with an Epoxy or glue.
    Edwin Tracy (Eandori)