Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Workshops and Workbench

That's actually really damn cool! I need to make space in my little garage also so i can fit my old truck in there once i start working on it.

Nolsenpar, that is an awesome idea. Well put together too. I like that a bunch!

Something something something dark side,
    something something something complete.

Thanks guys.

I used this web page to build it:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cda/ho...DETAIL,00.html

The instructions lack details but it's easy enough to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by noslenpar View Post
    Thanks guys.

I used this web page to build it:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cda/ho...DETAIL,00.html

The instructions lack details but it's easy enough to figure it out.
    Thanks for the link, I may use that to build a secondary workstation in my basement.
    Darth Flatulous

Quote Originally Posted by Danz409 View Post
    posting this for anyone who wants to post there work areas. I'm interested in seeing what type of conditions everyone is working in, tools, storage methods, organizing, etc anything that makes a little space that you do all your saber building in is welcome!

hear is a look at mine

Video: Here

and a pic

UPDATE! Oct 5 2010

ok. so its not all that fancy, no drill press lathe or CNC or anything like that. *i wish i had those* but a fairly decent improvement over the night-stand workspace. the original desk was that crappy fiber board that was sitting out in the weather for way to long literally set a soda on the thing and it broke. so i replaced it with a nice peace of ply wood. and use it for working on stuff. got quite the upgrade in power supply. my uncle gave that one to me. however it wasn't long before the poor ~70 year old transformer started to go out on me... it has 4 others for the other voltage settings and such. but the main one (0-40 v. the one that's most useful) went out on me...
    so i plan to get a newer modern day one asap. was wanting to replace the transformer for this beast. but when Google seys there's nothing found when i type in the product number and specifications of the transformer. its not gonna happen.

also got quite the addition to tools and random trinkets to use making things

those boxes and totes on top of the mini fridge contains tuns of Missourians things ranging from peaces of quarts to a ray gun from an old CRT
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Thats a nice set up for you. A drill press and a good vice and dremel set up will complete it for most DIY apps. That little wooden box on the mini fridge, I like it. I am a sucker for cool wooden boxes Also, that guitar hanging above on the wall, I had that exact one when I was a kid. I found it in an abandoned house and took it apart. I still have the neck

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Also, that guitar hanging above on the wall, I had that exact one when I was a kid.
    That EXACT one?
    And... I think he might want the neck back

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

This is my computer repair workshop/ lightsaber building workshop

i have the basic except for a lathe and a drill press<----really need to get one...drill press that is and a grinder
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 10-06-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    That little wooden box on the mini fridge, I like it. I am a sucker for cool wooden boxes
    Me too! I've found some really cool ones at cigar stores. They usually sell empty boxes for like $1 each.
    Darth Flatulous

Quote Originally Posted by Ingchao View Post
    Me too! I've found some really cool ones at cigar stores. They usually sell empty boxes for like $1 each.
    oooh. i might just make a trip to a smoke store and check out what they have. upgrade those white cardboard ones to wood ones would be sweet
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.