Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Workshops and Workbench

Default Workshops and Workbench

posting this for anyone who wants to post there work areas. I'm interested in seeing what type of conditions everyone is working in, tools, storage methods, organizing, etc anything that makes a little space that you do all your saber building in is welcome!

hear is a look at mine

Video: Here

and a pic

---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Default My Chaos

Ok, I'll chime in.

I work on my sabers in 2 places:

My garage -- this is where all the really messy stuff happens and it doesn't matter because it's already a mess!

My (home) office -- this is where I do all the soldering, assembly, photos, and posts NOTE: It's normally not quite this disorganized.

defiantly more space then mine. and the benefit of doing the heavy work in your garage is nice. i cant do the heavy stuff after 8~9 because people sleep around those hours here. so that's unfortunate for me. it also appears your fresh out of paper towels ^^. something my workspace is missing is a power supply. I'm thinking of taking a computer power supply and a cheap mutl-meter and make a bench top power supply for experimenting and LED testing
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

I live in a small apartment, so I might win the smallest work space award.

ya, that's the corner of my kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Danz409 View Post
    it also appears your fresh out of paper towels ^^.
    Those tubes are great for experimental geometry with shrouds

Default My workbenches (garage for fabrication, other for electronics)

Upgraded workdesk for inside!

Last edited by Darth Xanthus; 10-06-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Something something something dark side,
    something something something complete.

Unorganized and super messy. Gives me an excuse to chase the wife and kids out when i am working. :P

Hey DX, I like how the spirit of Boba Fett is looking over your work area. The head at least.
    I also see you are working on your curved sith hilt. Am I right? I know you've been wanting a
    Dooku style hilt. I like the bench. You should paint it black with red detail like your costume.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHideous View Post
    Hey DX, I like how the spirit of Boba Fett is looking over your work area. The head at least.
    I also see you are working on your curved sith hilt. Am I right? I know you've been wanting a
    Dooku style hilt. I like the bench. You should paint it black with red detail like your costume.
    I have 4 in the works, a pair for the GF, and a pair for myself. I have the Dooku anyway.

I am going to try to get them more looking like the Komari Vosa/Assaj Ventress than the ones coming out. I like the original round renders of them.

Updated inside workbench and pics will come for the garage one when the lathe/press is in
    Last edited by Darth Xanthus; 10-07-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Something something something dark side,
    something something something complete.