Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: e13 e13azars saber

Default e13 e13azars saber

here it is.
    its my birthday so as a present to myself i thought i would finally unveil my work in progress and ask for some advice on some parts.

here is the details.

us reaper with some mods (got it in a grab bag)
    leather grip made by me
    cf 6.5
    10 watt rgbw led
    premium speaker
    recharge port
    7.4 battery
    rice port

was going for a clock work theme.
    still have work to do. adding a wood sleeve with multiple layers.
    also going to be buying a self winding watch to add kinda like Chaos did with his award winning saber.

also soon ordering a color extender to do proper color mixing.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by e13azar; 02-23-2014 at 08:41 AM.

I like it! it looks like it was pieced together for survival purposes. what parts advice were you looking for?

Mostly how to do the wood sleeve.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You should post the actual image (IMG) thumbnails from photobucket rather than the email/direct links. that lets us actually see the saber without having to click on 7 separate links Nice effort on the saber so far
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    You should post the actual image (IMG) thumbnails from photobucket rather than the email/direct links. that lets us actually see the saber without having to click on 7 separate links Nice effort on the saber so far
    Sorry I couldn't figure out how to do that....

Here is a slight update.
    Did some more work on the end cap.
    Also finished wiring up for the Rgb color change. 20140223_003205.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by e13azar View Post
    Sorry I couldn't figure out how to do that....
    Never mind I figured it out.

This saber in that option? Wow. You got lucky for sure. Can't wait to see it finished.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    This saber in that option? Wow. You got lucky for sure. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Thanks. But I'm confused at what you mean. I got it as a normal reaper with exception to it missing a couple things.
    I then added the choke and the leather grips. Also did the accent gears, put in the new switch, and cf 6.5. Ect...

On another note
    Going to order a rgb 5mm led and put it behind the end cap so it shines through like in my pic. But matching the blade color.. Still haven't finalized my color fonts. But will post when I do.

Also still trying to figure out the best way to cut my sleeve. Sense you have to soak it in water before putting it on ( to allow it to grow and the shrink) not sure of the best way to make sure my cuts are right.
    Thought about using a transparency sheet (like for the old school projectors) cutting it to the size of the sleeve, sliding it on the saber and marking the cuts. Then taking it off sliding it back over the sleeve and cutting it then...

Slight update
    Finished rice port plug. image.jpg