Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How much?!?!?!?!?!

Well, I think someone needs to read this post by Tim (Strydur) regarding batteries, led's and the Ultrasound 2.5:
    Quote Originally Posted by Srtydur
    I think this statement may not be clear enough

Battery input voltage.
    Maximum for board = 9.6V
    Minimum for Luxeon 3 and K2 = 4.5V
    Minimum for Luxeon 5 = 7.2V
    IMPORTANT! (be sure to use the correct voltage/power with corresponding LED type)

What this means is DO NOT try and run your lux3 off of 9v or even 7.2v

For the 2.95-4v LED's (lux3, P4, K2, etc..) you should be running 6v MAX
    If I were you, I'd drop the $23 Luxeon V', the Luxeon V lkit, the Trustfires and the Li-Ion charger, and go with a 4-AAA battery holder and the rechargeable NiMH batteries and charger Tim now has in the store.

Use the blue led electronics kit and green P4's instead of the Luxeon V's. That will cut quite a bit off the cost of the saber. I'd also take Jedi Loreen's advice and only buy 4 extra heatsinks, since the blade holder comes with one already included in it's price.

Oh, and btw, you'll need to order 8 nylon 4-40 screws as well to secure your led's to the heatsinks.

You will also need an 8-32 x 1/4" socket head screw to attach the machined covertec wheel to the hilt.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 09-25-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

A white P4 would be 3 times brighter than the white Lux III and can be used on the same Ultrasound setting as the Lux III so is vastly superior esp with filters if you are using them.

ok if your using a us2.5 you can scrap the lux v kit since u dont need a resister, and id forget that battery holder they use anyways and go with just a double a battery holder and 2 trustfires. also if you were going to go with the lux v kit anyway it comes with an led of your choice already. your going to need something to hold the speaker 2, so ur best bet is to get the ultrasound and battery holder/speaker holder combo
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

Quote Originally Posted by pipster79 View Post
    ok if your using a us2.5 you can scrap the lux v kit since u dont need a resister, and id forget that battery holder they use anyways and go with just a double a battery holder and 2 trustfires. also if you were going to go with the lux v kit anyway it comes with an led of your choice already. your going to need something to hold the speaker 2, so ur best bet is to get the ultrasound and battery holder/speaker holder combo
    If he were to do this, and then try to swap the led for a red Lux III, powered by a 7.4 Li-ion Trustfire set-up, that Ultrasound will get VERY HOT and components may actually de-solder....it has already happened to a member of another saber forum...Tim's post about matching the battery voltage to the intended led's is NO JOKE. It is be very highly not recommended to swap from Lux V's to Lux III's with this soundboard.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Alright! Revised Parts list:

Hilt Style 3 w/ standard switch hole - $30.00
    MPS Pommel style 4 - $5.99
    MPS Clip - $0.79
    MPS Insert style 6 - $5.10
    MHS Choke Style 1 (short) - $9.00
    Screw on LED blade holder style 17 - $24.85
    UltraSound 2.5 - $119.00
    White Seoul P4 Elec. Kit - $20.86
    Lux III Green - $8.00
    Lux III Red - $8.00
    Lux III Blue - $8.00
    Lux III Amber - $8.00
    4 Copper MHS LED Mount/Heatsink - $8.11 each
    8 4-40 Nylon Screw - $0.12 each
    10 JST connectors - $0.55 each
    Premium Speaker - $5.99
    Machined Button for Covertec Clip - $2.50
    8-32 x 1/4" socket head - $0.20
    Covertec Clip - $11.99
    2 1-1/2" x 12" Chrome sink tube - $6.20 each

Total = $319.57

Any other suggestions?

still need a battery holder and a speaker holder
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Jay-gon suggested also using P4s for the green and blue, not Lux 3s, they are a little brighter.

He's probably not suggesting the red P4, because they can be finicky and like to burn out if you're not careful.

Pip, are you talking about the combo battery & speaker holder? Those look to be out of stock right now. He's ordering a P4 kit so he'll get a regular battery pack with that.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by pipster79 View Post
    still need a battery holder and a speaker holder
    the battery holder comes with the elec. kit and i was gonna jerry rig a speaker mount

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Jay-gon suggested also using P4s for the green and blue, not Lux 3s, they are a little brighter.

Pip, are you talking about the combo battery & speaker holder? Those look to be out of stock right now. He's ordering a P4 kit so he'll get a regular battery pack with that.
    I saw that. I looked every where but i cant find any p4's besides white

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ok, I didn't look in the store. If you don't see them, that means they are currently out of stock. Tim does normally carry P4s in white, red, blue and green.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!