Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How much?!?!?!?!?!

I'm thinking about having one of the sink tubes powder coated gold and the other black. I was gonna cut these into different covers and see if i can set the saber up to be able to switch between the two. This way i can change the saber to more of a Sith look when i use the Red Lux III. Advice?

Cutting into pc can chip it away, it is just a hard polymer coating melted on to the metal, plus the tubes will need to be striped of all chrome.
    Last edited by Kal El Rah; 09-26-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Have you ever cut a sink tube before? I'm assuming you mean with a Dremel for some type of design, not just a tubing cutter. You'll need to be extremely careful doing this with already powder coated sink tubes, so you don't mess them up. People who have their own powder coating set up cut the pieces first, then power coat them.

You'd need to design something that could slip past the switch, where ever you place it, if you want to be able to swap the sleeves.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I do mean with a dremel. i had already thought of the switch dilemma when i first posted that. Now thinking of the possible damage that i might cause to the PC, I might decide to go with etching primer and paint. I'll have to check the hardware store.

Quote Originally Posted by Paar Ad View Post
    the battery holder comes with the elec. kit and i was gonna jerry rig a speaker mount
    I have had to do this a few times myself. Get a short piece of 1" electrical conduit pvc (most hardware stores sell it by the foot) and you can cut a small ring off to use it as a speaker mount. It'll need to be thin enough to be able to fully screw the pommel onto the saber, but it works. The speaker can then be hot glued to the battery holder. for the amount of work involved, though, I might suggest getting the v2 speaker mount if you can afford to add it in.

The problem with using the P4 kit though, is you do not need the included resistor, or the latching switch. The Ultrasound requires a momentary switch to operate. I'd buy the led, lens holder, lens, battery holder and switch separately. It'll cost you $17.55, compared to 18.21 for the kit. It's only some change, but why get parts you don't need/cannot use?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    why get parts you don't need/cannot use?
    I just figured that they came with the kit and i felt that it would always be nice just to have extra parts in case i needed them in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Paar Ad View Post
    I just figured that they came with the kit and i felt that it would always be nice just to have extra parts in case i needed them in the future
    That's up to you...never a bad idea to have a few extra parts

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.