Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amber 10W Steampunk

Default Amber 10W Steampunk

So this is something I have been working on for about a year now: my amber steampunk saber. Design inspired by Asoka Tano's saber as well as KOTOR style sabers. It sports a LEDengin 10W amber, 7.2 Li-ion 18650 pack, and sound provided by a US 2.5 (using the Lux K setting, so the LEDengin is running at about 75% capacity). Luckily when I ordered my LED from Mouser, they recorded all the details, so I know this is a P binned Amber, so at 750mA each (2 die in series, and then each pair in parallel), this Amber should be pumping out about 228 Lumens (datasheet: http://www.ledengin.com/products/10wLZ/LZ4-00A110.pdf). I am very happy with this one, after a year of work, it is really nice to see it come together. Anyways, on to the Pics

WIP pics or ban!

JK but I would like to see some WIP pics if you got any as I want to see more of this beauty youve assembled.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

The alignment on the screw-holes is kinda funky, but it fits the whole SP feel.

I like the brushed brass.
    It's not how you move your saber...
    it's how you move yourself.

Thanks Hasid, Unfortunately I don't have any work in progress pics. After a year of work, every little step seemed to small to document. Of course like all Sorites Paradox, once you put all those steps together... Voila. lol

Very nice!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Darn!

Well what did you use for the optic setup?

K2 optics, 10 degrees. no mods. The blade also helps with the bightness. I sandblasted the inside so the light comes to the edge of the polyC.

Humm, intresting, I read that the lux optics wont work unless you modifyi them.

Thanks though.

That looks great, must be very bright with that setup, me likey.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Nice Job! I had a rough design very similar to yours and the AT saber, using a filter piece like that with an Ani holder WAAYYYY back when I first started to get into this, though it never came to fruition.

Honestly, with amber, you would probably not even notice the difference at full power to what you have set up there.

Hasid: Normal optics work fine. Are they the best? Probably not, but new info and ideas about using the cree optics might prove better as they should fit the dome more.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS