Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Axiom" My First Saber Build -- MHS

Nice hilt. I'm not a fine of copper tones (the colors, not the lotions), but still, it looks pretty cool.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

The brass button-heads are a nice touch.
    It's not how you move your saber...
    it's how you move yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    BTW THIS IS MY 1000 post YEAH!!
    And yet you still know nothing.

Eth The saber looks great, I am not a big fan of the 2 red thumbscrews eather, Maybe a finished washer and cap screw like jonitus used on a grevius obi rots mhs.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

can you say drooling at the seems. exactly what color is that overlay?? it looks orange!
    ...YUP!

Really nice work! Well done!
    Cheers!
    Lonewind

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very nice saber. I agree with Sid. I think finishing washers with cap screws would look great. I would go with brass washers and black screws. Nice job.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

[QUOTE=Hasid Lafre;146172]And yet you still know nothing.

Ouch. Harsh but fair.

But lets not detract from the saber. This is a great example of a plan followed through.

Like some of the others I'm not a fan of the buttons, I feel they would be nicer metalic red (unless it a bad photo), silver/chrome or black.

Great build generally.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

To reflect rhyen I would try to find some brass cap screws, it think the brass on copper with the silver would look very nice. Or with a little darker look maybe some more black so black finish washers with the black cap screws would look sharp.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Erik, you the MAN, from concept to fruition , excellent work.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Looks great, I'm glad it turned out. Might I suggest adding some weathering to the shroud.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)