Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: "Axiom" My First Saber Build -- MHS

Banned Sith Lord

this has to be the BEST first time saber build i have seen. i am really liking this.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    this has to be the BEST first time saber build i have seen. i am really liking this.
    DJ, Thanks much for the complement

I should really pass along the thanks and credit to all the folks here on TCSS forums though. Just standing on the shoulders of giants.

I'm looking forward to going full-force (pun intended) on my next saber "Brethren". I think the overall design of it is a bit more understated. What I'm REALLY looking forward to is having another go at doing the internals and making that phase go a lot smoother.

I've already got 3 more sabers in the planning stages too. YAY!

Banned Sith Lord

dont we all. i have my senior project 10 saber coming up. a thank you saber fully customed machined for thaxos in my second trimester and then my seoul P5 purple mixed oversized crystal chamber saber on my third trimester of school. i have some serious saber building to do. lol

Very impressive...especially for a 1st build. It seems to be an unusual choice to put the switch box on the bottom but it all looks great and if that's where it suit you then awesome.

The blade looks a bit shorter then average. What are the measurements?

Good choice on the button change.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Very impressive...especially for a 1st build. It seems to be an unusual choice to put the switch box on the bottom but it all looks great and if that's where it suit you then awesome.

The blade looks a bit shorter then average. What are the measurements?

Good choice on the button change.
    Thanks I guess the switch box position is relative -- When I did the horizontal shots of the hilt -- and the original concept image -- I wasn't really meaning that to be the bottom as you'd hold it. As I recall I created the image this way so I could include the "knobs". When I wield the saber the switch box is actually on the top.

As for the blade -- I'll assume you don't mean the little stubby job I have in many of the final pictures The _actual_ blade is 32 inches -- about 31 (including the tip) beyond the hilt. Which I guess is somewhat shorter than a lot of the sabers. I wanted mine about the length of the blade on the MR customizable sabers I have -- they're ~30 inches.