Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Qui-Gon-style MHS saber

Thanks, all. I added some new pics I just took in daylight. Sorry for the washed out appearance, but I had to do some tweaking in Photoshop in order to show up the details.

There's always a bigger fish.

Default ...

I still love your Qui-gon saber dude. I'm kinda jealous. Lol. It looks so professional. Forget buying replicas. Lol. I saw Avatar tonight and it was amazing! I may do an Avatar inspired saber now, I got a pretty cool idea. What would a blue and green filter do if I mixed them up? No one don't steal my idea cause I came up with it first. >.> <.<

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Steal your idea of putting a blue and green filter together?

If you don't know what blue and green make then you didn't study very well in art class.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Great job. I love seeing good looking replicas come out of MHS and shroudwork just to show that you don't necessarily need access to a machine shop's array of tools to make a nice saber.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    I still love your Qui-gon saber dude. I'm kinda jealous. Lol. It looks so professional. Forget buying replicas. Lol. I saw Avatar tonight and it was amazing! I may do an Avatar inspired saber now, I got a pretty cool idea. What would a blue and green filter do if I mixed them up? No one don't steal my idea cause I came up with it first. >.> <.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Steal your idea of putting a blue and green filter together?

If you don't know what blue and green make then you didn't study very well in art class.
    Thanks Garcia. You end up with a very dim cyan. So I think your idea is safe. But I would suggest getting a (genuine) cyan LED instead. The cyan bins Tim is selling now are genuine cyan, but most of the other Luxeon III and Rebel cyan bins are actually green. You want a bin 1 or 2, with a dominant wavelength of 490 or 495.
    Quote Originally Posted by gundamaniac View Post
    Great job. I love seeing good looking replicas come out of MHS and shroudwork just to show that you don't necessarily need access to a machine shop's array of tools to make a nice saber.
    Thank you, sir.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Default ...

I will do a real cyan led then. Still dunno about a next hilt design though. any suggestions since i'm not using an extension or choke?