Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LED question?

go to the "LED Colors/Blades" section and check out the Cyan pics and the Green pics... they are extremely bright.. what batteries are they using and how do they get em so bright.. they almost hurt ur eyes to look at them... its amazing.. id appreciate any input from everyone or anyone..[]

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

What is correct. Pictures can lie, any that has a pure white core up and down the blade is over exposed. For batteries... it doesn't matter a darn bit. Regardless of brand or amount, etc... the resistor or driving board gives the LED the maximum it can handle.

Diffuser... just like EL (I assume you've done that from the name) it helps even out the light. Without one, the light goes everywhere and it's not all that bright.

Please read the tutorials... that's all it takes.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Man how are all of these old threads getting brought back from the dead? It seems like there are a lot of zombie threads walking around the old CSS forum. Quick someone help me find the original zombie so we can kill it and get rid of its' offspring. JK

By the way ELSABER I just thought you should know that you can edit your old posts. I noticed that you made three in less than 30 minutes. There is nothing wrong with that but the more posts there are the more clutter there is in the forum. It is also easier to edit than start a new post. Just letting you know. Also, I second xwing. The thread index, FAQ, and tutorials will help answer most of your questions. I would recommend reading them.

sorry bout all the inconveniece guys .... i will read the tutorials and threads... im new to this whole forum and posting stuff...but thanks for your input and suggestions.[]

hey hey hey... check it out im currently editing my reply... i finally figured it out..awesome[].. hey what is a better luxwon driver for a say 30 inch LED blade? the 3 watt? 5 Watt or what??[?]

Well a driver is different then an LED and between the 3-watt and 5-watt it really depends on what kind of saber you want to build and how technical your willing to get. The 3W is a good all around LED to use. If you want sound, you can drive it from a Master Replicas Sound board easily. Also with the 3W, heat is not as much an issue, the 5W gets hotter and tends to need a longer hilt size to disperse the heat. Also you cannot run a 5W directly from an MR sound board. There are alot of guys you could tell you how to route it through relays or whatever to make it work, but again it depends how technical you wanna get. Mostly what you'll get looking around the forum is that its mostly a matter of personal preference, and that really you have to decide what kind of saber you want to make first. I hope that helped.

"Action, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things."

thanks [] i'll take that into consideration

just out of curiosity.. what does Tim's sabers have over parksabers?[?] what are the advantages or disadvantages?

The sabers made at parksabers are EL (electroluminesent) technology. They have an EL sheet in the blade. The store carries the same el stuff, but it is in wire form. The el will get dim over time, and I have heard that the el sheets sometimes will wear out from dualing. Parksabers does not build led sabers. Led sabers tend to have a brighter blade than el sabers do. Of course some of the el colors you can make fairly bright. Led sabers have nothing in the blade except a diffuser. This will make the blade lighter and easier to maneuver. You have missed all the el versus led arguments of the past, but from what I see led is the dominant technology right now.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ELSABER

thanks [] i'll take that into consideration

just out of curiosity.. what does Tim's sabers have over parksabers?[?] what are the advantages or disadvantages?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The main point is that Tim doesn't sell finished sabers...

I've heard Parks is using EL wire now too. If that's true then the difference is a finished hilt mostly. If you want to do it yourself for cheaper then here is the place. You can if you dive into this make it better with sound, etc...

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Not to mention parksabers are really freaking expensive and you lose any kind of customization options that Tim offers.

"Action, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things."

maybe CSS could build their own completed EL hilts and sell them or they could open a shop in the uk, Im sure lots of UK citizens like myself would love to buy stuff from them
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"