Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LED question?

As has been discussed in great detail, the lumen ratings don't really mean much. You can go to http://www.lumileds.com/ and get your specs and ratings but do not forget that your eyes have a big impact on brightness as well.
    EDIT- Interesting setup, I like where you are planning for the switch. Jedi Saber Smith does that with his hilts and I love it. do you really need a cooling fan? If you run a 3w heatsinked well then I don't really see where it would be needed and I would think that would be a drain on the batteries.
    <center></center>

Nice looking design. The red green and blue leds apear the brightest to the human eye. The lumens ratings will deffinately fool you because royal blue is very low but by the human eye it is very bright.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...
    Sith Lord
    Brotherhood of the Sith

i wanted to do the cooling fan not because its really cooling much but i would like the humming the hilt would make.

<center><font color="green">Do or Do Not, There is not try.</font id="green"></center>

fan idacould be nice at a convention in ya outfit nice personal fan

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

im still debating weither to put the fan on the inside with slots cut out or on the outside.

<center><font color="green">Do or Do Not, There is not try.</font id="green"></center>

The inside with slots would be cool because the hilt would vibrate slightly with the fan but you would not see the source of the vibration.[8D]

Do-Clo
    Sith Lord
    Brotherhood of the Sith
    Give yourself to the Dark Side!!!

very good idea...i was thinkin sort of the same also.

OK... can Somebody tell how to get the LED blades soo bright??? the pics that people send in are soo bright. u can barely even look at the blade because it is so damn bright....its so awesome.. especially the green and blue blades... id appreciate any advice from anyone[?]

1. pictures can fib
    2. Optics, like 5 or 10 degree viewing angle with the holder like the ones Tim sell's
    3. Use a diffuser in the blade ?

I havent even finished my first saber, so i can tell you that my advice may not be fully correct or anything..... but it sorta is.... i think...

What, Jedi master, Sith Lord, Or COMPLETE IDIOT¿ What will it take to get me to stop?

what exactly does a diffuser do??[?]