Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Possible SaberSound damage?

when i got my lightsaber from saberforge it had a hasbro economy sound board in it. it was powered by 3aaa bat. with a wire conected on the 4th bat. slot. Then I got the new sound board and used the same bat. setup.Then I disconected the wire a put a bat. in its place and the board will power on and the LED was very Dim, No sound and would not power off. I really cant figure this one out. then the next question is what do I do about the fact the I can not fit the sound board and a bat. pack inside the hilt?
    Last edited by Darth Zion; 11-13-2009 at 11:02 AM.

The LED might be dim because it is being fed to much voltage. The Sabersound doesn't regulate the voltage, so now that you are pumping in 6volts it might be too much for the 2.4volt spec'ed red-orange.

As for the fitting in your saberforge hilt. Probably will require additional machining to fix.

Remember, a minimum of 6v is needed to run the board. Even with 4 aaa batteries it's going to dip below 6v.

Also, I noticed in the video no resistor or puck in line anywhere. Is there? At 6v I think you've already exceeded the rating on a Lux III.

The board does not regulate voltage in any way. What you put in, comes out. So the appropriate resisting is needed.

**edit: Darn, Clock. You beat me to it.

The LUX III R/O is rated at 2.95 vf at 1540 ma . you are running 200% to it, to much.

if the source is 6v you would need a 2.2 ohm 5 watt resistor to drive the lux 3 at 3vf and 1540 ma.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Thanks guys for all the help new bats. and a resistor did the trick. The only prob I had was the board not fiting into my saber. I decided to give it to my daughter for the time being. She has a MHS saber. The MHS is such a great thing.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That blade's unevenly lit. Put a few feet of clear polypropylene ("cellophane") gift wrap in it to make it look better. Just sanding the outside doesn't diffuse it very well. SaberForge is cheap not to use an actual diffuser inside it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Yeah I have notice that he is "Cheap". I am planing on geting a new blade from TCSS for that saber and another one that I have.