Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible SaberSound damage?

Default Possible SaberSound damage?

This is shot in the dark of anyone knowing a definite answer. But I thought I'd try.

I just received 2 new Saber Sound boards today. One has a rather burned looking edge to it. Maybe done during manufacturing. Could it be damaged/fried? I don't have any necessary materials to test it out quite yet.

If anything, I'd use this post as a date stamp until I can get some materials so I can prove, to some degree, it wasn't me.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I would contact Saberforge immediately. Don;t test it, don't mess with it. Just ask him what he wants you to do. He is a nice guy, I am sure he will help you.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, that doesn't look good, especially where that trace is exposed in the burnt corner.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

It's off-topic, but... hey, I just noticed that the board is made by the same people who made the Ultraboard (?)
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    It's off-topic, but... hey, I just noticed that the board is made by the same people who made the Ultraboard (?)
    Yeah. Saw that too. Same manufacturer or the components come from the same place.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No, same manufacturer. Wouldn't have their name on it if it was just the same components.

SF should never have sent out a board to a customer that looks like that, IMO.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Could have been by accident? I mean people do make mistakes.
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

With only 100 boards made for this first run ever to be presented to the public, 1:100 is not a bad 'defect' ratio, but yeah.. it should NEVER have been sent to a customer looking like.

My two boards, installed by Saber Forge in the 2 hilts I ordered recently, came clean looking and without issue that I can see. They are not wrapped in any protection or seal, so that's a big issue if the hilts ever should contact the boards and cause a short. I will be shrink wrapping them myself asap.

Any word back from Saber Forge yet on your issue Maurnick?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Abominor View Post
    With only 100 boards made for this first run ever to be presented to the public, 1:100 is not a bad 'defect' ratio, but yeah.. it should NEVER have been sent to a customer looking like.

My two boards, installed by Saber Forge in the 2 hilts I ordered recently, came clean looking and without issue that I can see. They are not wrapped in any protection or seal, so that's a big issue if the hilts ever should contact the boards and cause a short. I will be shrink wrapping them myself asap.

Any word back from Saber Forge yet on your issue Maurnick?
    I wouldn't shrink wrap it. Just line the hilt with a plastic sheet for protection.

actually since the SS doesn't use voltage or current regulation I wouldn't think it gets that hot like the US 2.x so shrink wrapping it might be OK.