Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Complete Blades?

argh!...nothing is complete about them when there are no tubes in stock. Dumb Halloweinners.

Poor Noobs and EL...sigh...You guys are mean!

Poor Noobs and EL...sigh...You guys are mean!
    Light razzing such as this is a good way to encourage people to do a little thinking outside the box and do some reading like the rest of everyone else on a DIY forum. This is not a handholding, spoonfeeding forum...well, it isn't supposed to be but people are generous from time to time. I do not think that anyone was truly being mean, just encouraging the OP to do some more reading/thinking on his own..

Even he has said that now he realizes his mistake and is asking more informed questions, so I would say it worked
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Oh I totally understand.

But poor EL was there for you when you need it. And unlike any individual on this site, it has no hope of being able to defend itself. Especially if it has nio one to weild it. And then people start hacking it up with their LEDs...and well.....it's just not fair!...lol

Wow this thread went off topic....

Oh I feel for EL...just not the noobs
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

But as a noob I have to say that the rubber chicken lightsaber ROCKS!
    I can just imagine Darth's infamous quote now..... "You have no idea of the power of the KFC".....
    I am a Jedi that wears a suit damn it..... Wait, that actually makes me a Sith now that I think about it

Council Member
    Jedi Master

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

But why "Complete Blade" products are twice as expensive as the separate parts?? are they really that difficult to assembly?
    regards

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You are paying for a service. It can be a bit tricky to assemble, and Tim has to get glue himself. Buying from Tim is nice unless you plan on making 10 or more blades, in which case it is more cost effective to shell out the cash for glue and get good at making them.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

We cut the tube to length
    Clean it out
    Glue on the tip
    Cut diffuser to length
    Roll or clean diffuser
    Install diffuser

Its $10 for that service..
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

And very well worth if it you've ever tried building a blade in an apartment where there is a cat and finding a fur-free surface is nigh unto impossible...cat hair + blade film = bad. lol