Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: User Reviews of NSCFCD#1 (1st Sound Compendium CD for CF by Novastar)

Default User Reviews of NSCFCD#1 (1st Sound Compendium CD for CF by Novastar)

I'd love to see reviews, thoughts, what you liked, what you didn't... things you'd like to tell people about your experience using the 1st Sound Compendium for CF.

I think it would benefit new folks who plan to buy as well. Although it's true that most anything you want to know is on the site link:

http://thecuttingedge.s5.com/bop/nstar_cd.html

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE PAST YEAR!! It's been astonishing to me how many have purchased the CD... and continue to purchase it. I'm in the DIY saber community's debt.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Well, I will admit that though wiring isn't a problem for me, the configuration deal would have been impossible without Nova's compendium. Aside from all of the 'at your fingertips' coolness of the sound fonts, the walk-through tutorials where you can see Nova's own computer screen and have him vocally talk you through setting up your CF configs was most helpful. I have had problems when changing things on my CF and I get the "BEEEEP BEEP BEEP" telling me I did something wrong... I pop in Nova's dvd and.. yup, there it is. I forgot to format the SD card. I very much NEED the compendium and anxiously await the release of the 2nd

...On a side note, I have had a lot of fun with the fight sequence portion of the compendium as well. If you haven't stood up from your computer, ignited your saber and moved along with the tutorial... you're missing out

SoR
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

I have watched everything on the first CD, and found it extremely helpful when I needed to change the sound fonts on my CF saber. The video demo's on how to change the fonts on the SD card are like gold, especially if you have never had a CF before. Then there's all the extra sound fonts included on the CD as well....If you have a CF, and don't have Nova's CD, you are seriously short changing yourself with that CF, and not taking full advantage of it.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Force Aware

The video's alone are worth the price. I do not have a CF yet and I have enjoyed the sounds as well as the tutorials. The staged combat videos are the best part for me. This takes my experience to the next level.

LOL three whole reviews, huh? :P

Not that I'm complaining... I'm just... surprised. hahahah
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Maybe if I could find a CF to buy, then I could review one.

Seriously, I love the bits I have seen thus far on the CF Sound Fonts, the CD Set, and anything CF related. What an amazing device and a sure buy for any saber I am working on when the boards become available for sale again.

I hope these will still be available when the second one launches with the upcoming run of CF 4.3 so that I can pick them BOTH up...if slowww typing me gets lucky enough to get a CF that is...they both sound amazing, which we all know the CF is.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 10-06-2009 at 07:56 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can delete your own posts, guess you didn't know that. If you click Edit, you'll see a Delete button on the bottom right.

Why would the CDs not be available? Nova probably just copies them when he gets an order, which would make more sense than having a bunch of them lying around.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Yold always give one to me.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Thanks for the heads up on the delete button JLo. I actually never noticed that before. Doh! on me.

Well sometimes when a new version of something comes out the old version is discontinued even when the older version is of excellent quality...remember the 'New Coke' debacle?

Everything I've heard about it tells me that Novastar's first CD is terrific but I just couldnt quite wrap my OCD 'things should go properly together' mindset [think Sheldon in Big Bang Theory] around buying one when I could never get lucky with the CF 'lottery' and too often in life I've 'missed out' on things that way when I can't get them together. Yeah I'm weird.