Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Battery Holder?

Default Which Battery Holder?

Before you let the title make you sigh (too late?) hear me out, im planning on ordering tomorrow and want to be sure on my parts.

On the wiring page, i see that the Royal Blue Lux III requires(?) 3.9 Forward Volts (I am assuming this means it needs 3.9v to run at full brightness.) and 1k mA. If I am understanding the info I got on this table on wiki it says that AAA batteries put out 1.5v and 1250. (so far so good?)

With that said, Could I use 3 AAA batteries in a 4 AAA holder and a jumper to power this properly?

Keep in mind its a lux III Royal Blue driven by the US 2.5

Thanks guys.

Just use the 4 battery pack, the board does the rest.

And just in case, no you dont need a resistor or a puck.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

the problem with that is that with one battery missing from the holder there is an incomplete circuit and no electricity would flow. Use all 4 AAA's and get the right resistor and you'll be fine.

Right, the board drives it and controls the output.

If I use the 4 AAA and use a jumper I eliminate feeding the setup extra voltage (i.e. extra heat, 1 extra battery etc.) right?

Potentially i could save myself a battery and a save a small amount of life on the board right?

*edit*

the problem with that is that with one battery missing from the holder there is an incomplete circuit and no electricity would flow. Use all 4 AAA's and get the right resistor and you'll be fine.
    that's why i would use the jumper, and also i won't need a resistor thanks to the US 2.5
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 09-17-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Well, 4.5V is the absolute bare minimum you would need to feed the board for a LuxIII Blue. I'd recommend going with the full 6V though.

New Staff Design

Just use the 6v battery holders and like I said no you do not need a resistor so stop suggesting a resistor.

He said hes using a us2.5, no resistor needed, use the 6v battery holders and be done with it.

Call me a noob. 6v battery holder?

are you referring to these? AA or AAA?

I have a 4AAA in my cart...just wanting to make sure that will work. Also, a full 6v? Is that for the board or for the LED? I was thinking that i would only need 4.5 for the led as that exceeds the forward voltage of 3.9...am I missing something?

4 batterys at 1.5v each = 6v.
    The soundboard is an led driver as well, thought everyone knew this?
    There are a couple instinces where you dont use the soundboard to power the led, like the cheap hasbro boards.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Feed the US 6v. There's a setting in the setup menu to select Lux III as an option. Set that and the board will sort out what the LED needs.

Whether you use 4AAs or 4AAAs depends on how much space you have. AAs and AAAs both give out 1.5V each, so four will give you 6V. It just depends on how you plan things out. Of course, 4AAs will last longer than 4AAAs.

Thanks obi dar, thats what i thought. I was getting confused for a moment though.

Whether you use 4AAs or 4AAAs depends on how much space you have.
    That is why I went for the 4AAA. I will have little space as it is.

The soundboard is an led driver as well, thought everyone knew this?
    I knew the board drove the LED...i just wondered why it needed 6v as the led needs 3.9 so i figured what it must be a requirement of the board. Otherwise, why would i need 6v rather than 4.5?

*edit* Oh, and the speaker mounts are all sold out do i really need one? or can I just superglue one to the battery holder?
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 09-17-2009 at 02:32 PM.