Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham Asylum Batarang

Default Batman: Arkham Asylum Batarang

Let me start by saying I'm not the biggest Batman fan around, I've got all the films including Batman and Robin but only have three batman graphic novels and the only reason I have them is that they are the Judge Dredd crossovers.

But when I heard about the new game I got really excited. Then when I found out they where releasing a collecters edition that included a 14" batarang, I had to get it.

It arrived last Friday and to say I was disappointed is an understatement. The game is brilliant and I'm really enjoying it. Trying to find all the Riddlers secrets is keeping me busy. But the batarang just sucks!!!

I got it off the HMV site here in the UK and this is the pic they had up on the site:

Now I wasn't expecting a steel batarang, that would be silly and dangerous, but I did expect something that looked better than this:

I forgot to take pics of it, so these are ones I found online.

It just looked cheap and plastic. It had been painted with gloss black paint and then someone scratched all over to give it a used look. Some parts were scratch that much that the white plactic under the paint was showing through. The stand wasn't that much better, silver plastic. The batarang was also glued to it. Theres no way I would display this.

This is the pic on the back of the box:

Even this looked better than what was inside.

I decided I could do better job, so I did. A few days, some wet & dry and some spray paint later, here what it looks like now:

Heres some shots in a darker room, just to show off the details abit more plus you get to see the size of it compared to a MR Maul:

It now comes of the stand (which I also painted) very easily and if I want to throw it at anyone, Batman style, I can.

I'm really happy how this turned out and I'm no longer disappointed. Plus I now have a one-off Batarang!! Good Times.

An excellent redo.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Looks good.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Nice job.
    Cheers!
    Lonewind

Wow i thought the same thing when i got mine.

You really did make yours the way they all should have been

looks alot better now great job

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Much much better, nice.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Very nice job. Looks much much better now. And yes, the plasticky appearance of the batarang has been mentioned in other video game reviews.
    LOCKHEED

I had one of the boxsets held for me by my mate, who's AM of my local Game store, but was on the phone to another friend when he opened his set.
    He was so disappointed, and i've since seen his one in person, and the description they made on JoyStiq is pretty accurate "Looks like a Happy meal toy'.

The 'Book' you get with it is pretty disappointing too.

As always, an awesome job salvaging a real disappointing purchase.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Thanks guys.

I was disappointed in the book as well, Barmic. Apparently the american maket got the leather cover but us in europe got the paper one!!!