Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Film - Double or Quad?

Lightbulb Corbin Film - Double or Quad?

This may be a stupid question but I did some sifting and couldn't come up with an answer.

Corbin film provides a coring that I really like. My question is how does the double wrap compare with a quad wrap? thicker core? More diffusion for a more even lighting? Is it even worth it?

Thanks guys

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Double wrap=more defined core, less even
    Quad wrap=less defined core, more even
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Sweet! Thank you, figured the quad would have more diffusion, just wanted to be sure! Do you think a 36 inch blade is too long for a quad wrapped corbin lit by a lux III royal blue?

36" should be just fine...that is my prefered length, the closer u get to 40" the more flexing u get with dueling.

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

Is there a lot of flex with 36" ?

My MR ObiWan is 34 i think and there is some noticeable flex there and I think those are a bigger OD.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    Is there a lot of flex with 36" ?

My MR ObiWan is 34 i think and there is some noticeable flex there and I think those are a bigger OD.
    MR blades are actually smaller than the stock blades here at TCSS. There should be minimal, if any, flexing during dueling with the thin-walled blade, and non-existent with the thick-walled Battle blade. A 36" blade from TCSS will have a 34" exposed length, so you should have nothing to worry about.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

36 seems to be a really nice, comfortable length. Like Jay-Gon said, it leaves you with 34 inches exposed, not much flex at all, and a good evenly lit blade if properly diffused.

***Usually to better diffuse the blade we add the Poly-p or 'cellophane'... doing this with the corbin film greatly reduces the coring effect though fyi.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Sweet! Thanks guys...good to know my decisions are sound

Now to wait for the 20th when i get paid...

and PM privileges, yes that last one was for you Fender.

For what it's worth, I very recently discovered, much to my own surprise, that I prefer a single wrap of Corbin. I was really amazed at the difference. With polypropylene film, more is better, but a single wrap of Corbin film gives a sharply defined core that I like. If I want evenness, I go with a couple of meters of polypropylene.
    There's always a bigger fish.

I have always wonderd about the cores with the corbin film. How profound is the core? is it just a thin line? or is it like Movie profound? the only reason i ask is beacuse i know that cameras over expose the blade color, and i was not sure it did the same with the core.
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!