Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My new MHS "Divum Insisto" **Work in Progress**

Most impressive! Once again I can see I still have much to learn.
    If there's a bright centre in the universe, I'm on the planet that's farthest from...

Hey Jasten

Really good work fella, I like the idea of the clamp being at the bottom of the saber as I don't like them slap bang in the middle.

The over/over lays are really nice too and actually add to the saber in comparison with your render.

From here on be subtle as you don't want to go over board.

Someone mentioned blue and amber led as suiting this saber, I really think amber. Not Dark (red) and not Light (blue and green).
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    First, I gotta say that I love the design.
    I prefer shorter hilts like yours, and the design is just solid.
    Killer.

The graflex clamp seems to be at an odd angle for me, as I would have my left hand around that, but that would mean rotating the entire saber in your right hand about 30-45 degrees. Still, sick saber, dude.
    What kind of LED do you have planned for it?
    This looks like a Blue saber, or an Amber one.

Mind if I ask what kind of Aluminum tubing you used? I picked some up from a metal yard a few months ago, but the ID is off far enough that it doesn't fit a sinktube and the OD is too big for a comfortable grip.
    Thanks a lot Eco! I really like the shorter sabers. I try and keep all of my sabers under 11 1/2". Anything bigger just isn't comfortable for me.

As for the LED color, I'm deciding between Green and Royal Blue. I've already got two blue sabers, so I'm leaning slightly towards the green. I want to use a tri-rebel GGW setup, or BBW, so I can get the white flash on clash. I've seen that in a few sabers and I love it.

Banned Sith Lord

wow that is incredible work i love the work youve done with this.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm gonna be careful not to go overboard. I've got a few aesthetically pleasing accent leds planned for it. Other than that, it's just the red anodized activation knob and a really nice polish job. Should be sweet when I'm finished.

I took a couple of pics while I'm waiting on misc. parts for this saber. I'm using my other sabers to help me decide on blue or green for the blade. I really like both. Any opinions?

Green

or

Blue

Thanks.

while I am generally a fan of blue. I like the green on this sweet saber.

Green deffinatly fits well but the blue makes it stand out.

But the orange led I got from BR would make it look killer!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Blue .....I think the green is drawn to only because its the same color of the saber that inspired that emitter......

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

I'm usually a green man myself, but in this saber I say blue.