Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Purple Blade Color?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yes, purple was something that was extremely important to us that we get it right, (partly cause its Allaerra's favorite color) and we spent countless hours developing 2 great methods for acheiving it. We use one method for our stunts and one for sabers driven by soundboards. I wont divulge too much secrets here, gotta make a living after all but I will say that be careful which "pot" you try, as a lot of the easy to get ones are crap and wont hold the settings cause they get hot.

You may want to look around *coughdeal extremecough* excuse me, and you might find a cheaper RGB to play with..............

I will probably bleed for that one............

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

p.s. ...dont forget to use the coupon code of BULKRATE if ordering 3 or more..

Man you guys are the best!

So my hunger got the best of me. (payday is a couple weeks off and gotta wait for shipping on my first order after that...thank goodness things stay in your cart...) My brother-in-law and I went out to Lowes and bought some stuff (he wanted to lathe a hilt, i opted for PVC) and set to taking about 45 minutes and throwing together some trial hilts to get the feel for designing etc... I tried some sandpaper just goofing around with weathering so I could get the feel for how it looks before you repaint. Some parts I was happy with others not so much.

Well...Here is how my PVC turned out:

First a Flash shot...

Next the flash is off...

And a closeup of the Grips...

Thanks guys for all the inspiration and fantastic info...my wife is now officially concerned that I will have to undergo treatment at a local LA (Lightsabers Anonymous) meeting

As an aside, I was looking around for good Potentiometers (did i spell that right ) and came across something...

Problem is I do not know what I am looking at...

Linkage!

On top of this I know that Radio shack isn't always the best place to get quality parts from and in light of Fender's comment I wondered if i'm barking up the wrong tree here. Any suggestions?

"I" personally have never done an RGB saber.. (although its on the 'list' of things to play with)...

but I believe most people use this style of 'pot':

which one? (1K, 10K, 100K version....no clue)

Im sure its been posted around here before though... do some more digging/searching on color changing and RGB (use search term RGB*)

I saw that one on the site and was looking at it, I would assume (i could be WAY off base here so please don't flog me haha) that you would use 100k version since I think i saw a 1m version that handled 3 watts?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Nope, not that one

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

FB-

was that to me? or Shadar Al'Niende?

As in thats NOT the style of POT people use? (or you have been using)

or his comment on using a "100k version"

Council Member
    Jedi Master

To Shadar, though I have used the one you pic'd and it worked for about 5 sec. and then it heated up and wouldn't hold the setting.

GET LATHED!

ahh got ya.. so have you moved to a new "STYLE" of POT?...or was it just because it was a crappy brand? cheaply made version?

(you dont have to answer..I dont wanna get ya in any trouble)