Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Purple Blade Color?

Thanks Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie, I think I saw that one when i was browsing trying to answer my own question

I am planning on building a Royal blue Lux III for my first saber with quick disconnects and a corbin driver (i'm pretty sure that's what it is, forgive me if I sound like an idiot.) I definitely want to stretch a little more once I get the hang of things. I was thinking that once I get her all wired up, I can order a P4 or P5 like xl97 suggested and a filter and try out the brightness to see if im satisfied or want a RGB instead.

Then I realized I might have to re-wire to make sure I feed a P4 or P5 enough juice to run the LED. (on a side note i'm not sure if a Luxeon 3w driver V2 would drive this well, im assuming it will) I would most likely need to up the battery power if anything, but with 4 AA's I think I might be ok. I will have to read more on the Seoul's...

For all you Fraggle fan's out there, sorry for the Wembling there are just so many possiblites...

Thanks again for all the suggestions folks, would you suggest a crystal chamber with an accent LED and RGB for a 2nd time Sabersmith? Or are those types of things you really need practice that a starting saber just cannot give?

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    You might want to talk to Roys Blues [Jango Fett on FX-Sabers] since he knows a lot about RGB purple particularly the RGB Seoul P5 wired for a very nice purple.
    That was a great piece of advice. Also I remember seeing an excellent RGB LED on a converted Mace saber on bay a while back. It was a seoul P5 RGB on a PCB http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power...6_121_149.html I believe this is the best one out there as far as mixing the B and the R properly, at least it would work a lot better than the Endor Stars...
    http://www.luxeonstar.com/endor-rebe...tter-p-184.php I used this one in a color changing saber. It worked really well but you could tell the colors weren't mixing properly (even with the proper lens) because the colors weren't close enough. However the P5 eliminates that problem because they are so close. so give it a try!
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

I looked on there and this I don't understand...call me a Yankee

Quantity Price per pcs.
    1 - 49 12,95 €

how much is that in USD?

According to Google convert, it's about $18.50-$19.

Sweet thanks, ComdtJustin! Don't know why I didn't think of google!

I got the following Quote from the link provided earlier:

"LEDs should be run with a constant current in addition to the manufacturers recommendations. To ensure this we recommend to take constant current power supplies because resistors are always a risk factor in high power LED applications."

ok ok, so a resistor might catch fire due to the high power of the LED, gotcha. Will the Corbin or the Ultrasound board handle one of these puppies?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The Ultrasound has a max input voltage of 9.6V, the Corbin Driver can take a max of 30V, so it sounds like they can, since you'd need a total of 9.2V if you were running all 3 colors.

Though I'm not sure how you'd adjust the output current for that.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The P5 isn't the only good RGB solution out there And you could just run the output from the US board and pot the red. Just a suggestion........

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Thanks, The RGB setup will most likely have at the very least an US board (Doubt I will get my hands on/be able to properly setup a CF) as the purple colored blade will be on my personal saber once i practice building some other ideas and get better at this. I am planning a crystal chamber in this saber as well. Trying to understand everything so i can properly work my way up to it.

And you could just run the output from the US board and pot the red. Just a suggestion........
    Forgive my ignorance, "pot" the red?

fender means to use a small potentiometer(POT) on the red dye.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Listen to Fender, he and his wife Allaerra [who together are "Vaders Vault"] are true masters of purple [their famed "Purpliscious purple" is gorgeous] and I should have remembered to suggest talking with them also, since they have a wealth of expertise about the subject...DOH on me...sorry Fender.

The potentiometer or "pot" he was talking about is a dial that can be used kinda like a 'dimmer switch' dial on the red part of an RGB wired for purple to allow one to more finely control the exact shade of purple the RGB produces...don't worry if you don't understand all the terminology here yet, you'll learn it soon...this is a great place for learning.