Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: US2.5 Question

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think you are correct. I think it is around 30 mA, but I haven't measured it yet.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I've run both accent LEDs and AV switch LEDs off the L1 and L2 pads, and they work just fine without resistors.

For those concerned, it'd be easy enough to meter for current and/or voltage if the board was running and you plopped your meter in there...

Additionally... what the worst that could happen? You destroy a $1 LED (probably less if it's just a little tiny 'nothin speckle about meeee' kinda one).

I'm weird. Sometimes I'll pull out a bag of my "random" accent LEDs and start testing them before they go into sabers. Sometimes I apply 3v... sometimes I try 3.6v too... to see if they are brighter. Sometimes I wreck 'em.

Then I just say "Oh darn".... and move on to other ones. I mean seriously... unless you're buying REALLY wacky crazy accent LEDs at like... I don't know... $5 each. $2 each? A super uber special $10 one(???)... then it should be no big deal.

The most "serious" accent LEDs I've ever used are these weirdo RGB ones that cycle through a throng of colors--they even have a super tiny driver chip...which accepts a fairly wide range of voltage. They are like... I don't know... $1 each? I haven't killed one yet, but if I do... oh well.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide