Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: US2.5 Question

Default US2.5 Question

In the description for the US2.5 it says it supports two accent LEDs. My questions are as follows:
    Are these LED's lit only when the saber is active, same as the main?
    Are the solder points for it at the bottom, marked L1 and L2? I see the main four at the top (Power, LED{main}, Switch and Sound) but no clearly marked accent solder points (L1 and L2 look different.)

I'd like to run one of those LED ringed switches through the accent control, if it's only on when the saber is on.

Also: I'm back!

What is life but the passage to death?

One of the led's will come on in conjunction with th blade, the other starts off acting as a flashing idle/stand by led, then goes to steady on when the saber is activated. Here's a video demo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKD6Bv9vauA

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Unf unf unf. That's exactly what I had in mind! THANK YOU!

What is life but the passage to death?

Default Us2.5

I couldn't find any other posts about the new sound board, so I hope this is an okay place to ask this:
    I'd like to build a saber I can use for some combat that has noise: Will this US2.5 board stand up to regular combat (not beating brick walls or anything)?
    Thanks for helping this novice!
    Last edited by Reaper; 09-05-2009 at 04:21 PM.

yes. if it is chambered properly and securely in your saber, it should be able to whithstand a beating.
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

Does L1 also match the ramp up/down effect of the main LED ouput?

The reason I ask, you could in theory use it to run a buckpuck/other PWM LED driver?

(Edit... more accurately.. to CONTROL another PWM driver... you wouldn't want to use to supply power to the driver.)

im not sure if it will drive a buckpuck... it might not be designed for that amount of current

that is why troy said 'control'. For your info Troy, the accent LED outputs are around 3-4 volts, so they will control a buck at about 60-80%. also, because they aren't 5 volts, they won't work well controlling a PWM like your driver. (I tried it last night)

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

What they will do (at least the non standby one) is power a relay on and off. This allows a lot of new options if people get creative.

On second thought this may not work if you hit the clash or have the blade set to pulse.

On third thought this may be fixed using a capacitor
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop