Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello friends! Potentially painless Noob question...

Quick addition, I realized after some more reading...That i had in my cart a guarded momentary switch and read somewhere that only the hasbro card is a good idea to use this kind of switch with.

I started to look into other switches and realized that the guarded switches as above do not fit a standard hole and I would have to modify the hilt. Not bad, but...

So whats the ruling? Momentary? Latching? I will need latching for a corbin driver right? Suggest just one of these to start? If so, does the ribbed section in the photo come up off the hilt?

*edit, just realized the electronics kit comes with a switch so buying one won't be needed, can I still buy a bezel nut for it?*
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 09-08-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Wecome.

In regards to the US 2.5 you will need to have a momentary switch as I believe they don't work with Latching switches.

As you said the starter kit you have on your list will have a basic latching on it, add a metal bezel and you're good to go.

Have you ordered yet? As I recall the pommels you want are out of stock so if you have ordered they may be holding off sending while that part comes back into stock, if that is the case then contact Tim and remove the unwanted items. You can check by looking at your account in the Shop.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Pretty much all momentary switches work the same, so both the guarded and the standard TCSS switch will work.

Wether you need a momentary or latching switch depends on the board.
    Just a quick list to save you some trouble, as far as boards go:
    Corbin Driver: Latching
    Economy Hasbro: Momentary
    Force FX(MR or Hasbro): Latching
    SaberSound: Momentary
    Ultrasound:Momentary
    CF:Can use both for activation, Momentary for secondary actions.

However, please remember to read first, ask later (im still being reminded often as well )

*The bezel was indeed intended for the standard TCSS switch, but not for the Guarded or illuminated switch.

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

Have you ordered yet? As I recall the pommels you want are out of stock
    Nope, thank goodness aslo, the pommel is in stock. Hopefully it stays that way until pay-day

However, please remember to read first, ask later
    Hey thanks for the reminder! I figured the word switch might be too common for the search engine and sifting brought up no specific results. The words momentary and latching didn't pull anything up either *sigh* But I will look more next time *wink* Is there something you searched for to get the above info or just sifting through posts?

Yep, I second that statement... Try to read a little first. Most if not all of your questions could have been answered with a little reading.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I must correct mihunai.

The Corbin Lux 3 Driver comes in both latching and momentary versions.

You can also select main hilt bodies with Standard or Latching switch holes.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

In response to you J-Lo

This guarded switch style is for the switches with nut on the inside of the hilt.
    If I am planning on using a bezel nut and the plastic nut as a spacer on the inside of the hilt...is this what the above quote from this product is referring to or do I need to order a standard since i believe the switch that comes with the kit is a standard?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No.

The Bezel nut is for the Standard Switch. Normally, the nut that comes with it goes on the outside of the hilt, you will be using it on the the switch stem as a spacer inside the hilt, since the switch goes through the hole from the inside.

With the Guarded Switch, it goes into the hole from the outside of the hilt, so the nut goes on the inside to hold it on.
    TCSS MODERATOR

Man...i am feeling really dense right now.. forgive me.

Just to clarify, the switch that comes with the electronics kit can be used with the standard style hilt only since it is not a guarded type? (aka cannot go into the hilt from the outside like one of these)

If using the standard style hilt the nut goes over the stem as a spacer, the switch goes down the tube and up through the switch hole securing it with a bezel nut on the top, or just the plastic if not using a bezel. If using the Guarded style hilt you need a guarded style switch right? That sounds too easy...am I missing something?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Correct.
    TCSS MODERATOR