Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Air Force

Dance Dance Revolution

Its a video game with a dance pad that you stand on.

EDIT-

Damn it, Xwing...

Ive been in the navy for 11 years now....probably one of the best things i have ever done.....because in 9 years i retire with a pension from the government every month for the rest of my life and cheap medical for me and my family for the rest of our lives....not to mention i will only be 40 when i retire from the military and i will continue to create another carreer and have the gov pension money comming in suplimenting my normal paycheck.....so yeah if oyu are able to drop the weight by all means join the military, whatever branch u choose(for they all have their pros and cons) make sure you research each and find which will suit u the best. I know u have ure heart probably set on AF, but at least go talk to other recuiters...i recomend u talk to the navy and coast guard also....but it is up to oyu...but do your research, and dont let them pigeonhole you into a specific MOS(job)....it is midnight here and i am very tired....forgive me father......

Edit: and the best thing ever invented for losing weight is the eliptic machine....u get almost as good a workout as running....but caters to the extra weight one may carry, and spares ones the brutal beating your knees take while running/using a tread mill. But running is the best thing to lose weight if your body can take it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

So is this like PS2 or xbox? My girls would go nuts for something like that. not so much from an exercise standpoint since I am really the only overweight person in the house but they dance wildly when I put on Radio Disney and such. that would be really cool for the family.

Xwing when I was in High School I was probally in the best shape of my life. Marching Band, Tuba Patrol. After school I had two working bands one I played guitar and one bass, messed around with soccer and footbal and did the swim team during the summer. With a heart condition, and a few other P.I.T.A. issues, I feel for you with the Asthma, I have breathing issues with the pollen and mold around here and that isn't nearly as frustrating as what you live with daily.

<center></center>

I know that its on Xbox for a fact... And Nintendo has a Mario version, I believe. Not too sure about PS2 though.

Also, the DDR games are a series. Theres a bunch of 'em, so when the songs get old to you, you just buy a new game. It'd actually be worth it if you like to dance, or just want to use it for exercise.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's PS2 also.

James3, it is so much of a pain. I had a bad asthma attack over this Thanksgiving. Being away from home I became desensitized to the animals we have. I came back and bam, it hit me. Now I'm on singular and claratin daily to not have an attack.

Marching Band in HS was great for me though. It took all four years (and a couple scares of the instructors, damn near passed out a few times []) before I could play and march the whole show.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

well, all i know, is my dad was in the army, in the korean war, and his brother was a master sargent in the air force. i never went in, mainly cuz at the time the requirements wouldnt aloow me with my flat feet. lol

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Thanks for the info now I just shop around for the best price.
    xwing, that rocks that ya stuck with it. Some folks just don't get it, commit and don't quit[]

<center></center>

Tazrob told me that Toys R' Us has a starter package (for Xbox) that includes the game and pad for $60. Considering the cost of Xbox games alone, I'd say that thats a fair deal.

Sounds like it. I have to go to Home Depot tommorow anyway and TRU is in the same parking lot. Make for a nice trip with the girls.

<center></center>

You can do it I lost almost 90lbs in the last year, even while I was lined up for ROTS and everybody was eating junk food left and right.
    " You Can Do It"

" I am a Jedi like my Father before me"