Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: R7-k8

would it be possible to combine RC with some type of auto-avoidance sensors like in those vac-bots? the combination might make it able to follow you down the block on its own power.

very cool looking start!
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenric Starkindler View Post
    would it be possible to combine RC with some type of auto-avoidance sensors like in those vac-bots? the combination might make it able to follow you down the block on its own power.
    Maybe someone could gut the vac-bot and put its innards inside an R2?
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

yeah that is a possibility but you don't want a 200 pound robot to start going off in its own direction at a convention and decide he wants to be like artoo in episode two and go down the stares

although i never have seen the vac bot, i don't know it would be a good idea with only sensors to guide a droid, although i will be looking into putting sensors on the feet so that if i do get to close to something they will override my remote so that it wont go in that direction.

i would very much like to have it moving as much on its own as possible wich is why i am looking into this horrendously! although with my micro controller i will be making the periscope come out of the top of the droid on my command and then spin around on its own and might look into the dome spinning on its own too.

Thanks Guys!
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Okay so here's my two cents (about one us cent) for controlling the droid.( I have planned to build one for awhile so I got a couple ideas) Either you get somone to sit somwhere with a screen to see where to go and control the droid, or you make a custom controller with small switches to move, beep ect.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Banned Sith Lord

why not use the irobot vacum stuff to make it sorta automated? man i would love to see a r2 unit as real as possible and that follows you around.

I've heard that some folks have a 'locator' on their belt that the droid can follow. Throw in an avoidance sensor as well, and theoretically it would appear automated.
    Of course, i'd personally have a controller for it as well, we all know how busy Con halls can get.

Once I have this fanfilm under my belt, I do plan on starting an astromech, either an R3, or an R2 in white & green.
    Last edited by Barmic Rin; 09-04-2009 at 04:34 AM.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Could someone point me to this droid forum that was mentioned? Google comes up with 3 - 4 different websites, I'd like to see the one used by the OP. Thanks
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

http://astromech.net/forums/index.php

You have to register to view it.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

dude, very nice. I like the r7 series myself. The sinister look is just awesome.

looking very much forward to the updates.

THANK you guys!

yeah cons do get very busy! but every one moves out of the way when tons of these things go down CIV hallway!

www.astromech.net

theres the official site! come on down and build one!
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!