Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why LED blades are better.

Cool thanks I have reglued mine on my 1" Led Saber 3 times now at least this way you don't have to figure out where it flew off too.[8D]

<center>
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before me"

</center>

I noticed that Jeff Parks has a new type of blade end. Instead of the yucky rubber tip, he is using a clear plastic end. This looks suspiously like Tims. Hmmmm.....is it possible?...Naw! He wouldn't do that. Anyway his seems to have a lip on it that sets into the blade itself, thereby keeping it from easily flying off. Tim has already indicated that he is looking into polycarb tips. I think thats a good idea. There are glues that won't break off. I recommend JB weld. Darn stuff is pretty indestructable. Tape seems a bit tacky to me. No offense gentlemen, but the idea of a saber held together with tape, baleing wire or chewing gum is not working for me. Before I go that route, I will silicone the mirror in place and dremmel the tips like I do my ELs.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Where are you seeing new tips? He's got those new stunts... but I don't see anything else.

It's not like the tips Tim sells are anything new though. They're acrylic Cabochans (half balls). I'd be very interested in if Corbin comes up with the mushroom tips made out of a semi-solid material. PolyC tips in that "mushroom" style certainly would help though.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

One of my students bought his new Obi-wan EP4 style EL saber. It's one of his newer conversions. It has brass sections in front and the grenade part is anodized black. She had the new style blade with it. I am assuming acrylic tip, but it seems to be inset into the blade a bit. This is a good idea and would help it from flying off. Tim had mentioned somewhere that he was working on getting poly tips. That sounds like he is on top of it as usual.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base

hum mushroom style tip wonder if he just had a hemispere machined down a little for the lip wich mean mor contact area which mean better hold

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="blue">Don, you said "his" in your first sentence, when you should have said "hers". I don't think Liz would like being referred to as a "him". lol []

Don didn't realize that the hemisphere on the end wasn't flat on the bottom, till I noticed and pointed it out. [] It reminded me of the tip that Corbin is working on.</font id="blue"> </font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

OUCH! [B)] My apologies to Liz. I was using the serviceman's habit of refering to all students as he. Not buying that are we? Ok...I guess I just screwed up. Yes, Lori you were the one who noticed it. Sorry I didn't give you the credit. [:I]

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base